SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
mariosonic said:
Laser Block FOFs will not appear in 3d mode at all! Also please let the cursor not exit the screen while in 3d mode. When I'm flying around and putting textures in it sometimes goes off the screen selecting to minimize or close.
The lasers are missing for technical reasons (read: due to programmer laziness), but this'll be fixed in the rewrite. As for the mouse thing: does this happen in the most recent version? When I'm testing, I disable the mouse capturing and cursor hiding, and occasionally I forget to re-enable it for release builds. The most recent version is okay, though, so if it's happening there, something else must be wrong.

(I won't be around to reply for a week, so apologies in advance if I keep you waiting if you have any further info about this -- but I will get back eventually.)

If you go into 3D mode and don't have an exit key set, you're stuck. However, in that circumstance, you can Alt+F4, and yoiu'll get the "Do you wish to Save? Yes, No, Cancel" box. Hitting Cancel will put DB into a weird state that won't let the mode switch from a blank black box. You can switch into other modes, but it will do nothing. I tried placing a Thing like this and succeeded in crashing with a Subscript out of Range.

r26

New build: get it here (with installer) or here (without). Changes since last time:

Code:
! Crash while undoing while pasting, while in lines mode, a sector with
  two-sided linedefs.
! Maps after MAINCFG (for example) could cause crashes when testing.
! Overflows when drawing really long lines.
+ Made autoscrolling a bit nicer. Also fixed such at top and left, which I broke
  last time I was messing about with this...
! Overflow when vertices are very far apart.
! Vertex droppings when using shift to toggle snapping while positioning the
  first vertex.
! Manipulating FOFs in 3D mode could crash in various circumstances, e.g.
  changing their heights.
+ Added quicksand for FOFs. Parameters must still be set manually, though.
! 'Shadowcasting' checkbox on FOF dialogue wasn't set correctly.
! Custom FOFs would erroneously generate the 'mutliple FOFs tagged to this
  sector' message after editing in 3D mode.
! Lines of type 0 had a blank effect string.
! Edited scripts would be saved when doing a Save Into.
! Silly bug in the stair converter that failed to count the number of lines in a
  sector correctly.
The most significant of those is probably the fixing of (some) FOF-related crashes in 3D mode, which I gather had been annoying people somewhat.

Work on the rewrite proceeds apace.

Suggestions and bug reports are most welcome, as always.

I used to get that loads when I tried to play the map but I worked out that if I used the "save as" button, saved it Then played it, I wouldn't get the error, the only problem is it doesn't seem to like me doing that if there is over 3 backup things. It is rather long winded, but it works.
It would be easier if it could be fixed up though.

Edit: I used the Febuary version, I don't know if it will be the same for the new version, as I have just downloaded it.

In the config supplied, it lists Instant Ceiling Raise and Instant Floor Drop as deprecated. They are not. To place Things at a height greater than 4096 units off the floor, you need Instant Floor Drop. To place Ceiling Based Things like chains more than 4096 units off the ceiling, you need Instant Ceiling Raise. While it's true that it's rare that this is needed, it is still needed.

errorqd4.png

This explains it. Help please?

Sorry about that, COMDLG32.OCX should really be included with SRB2DB. I think most people have it already, but not always, it seems. As a workaround, do the following:
  • Download the file here.
  • Extract it into your system folder, which is normally C:\Windows\System32.
  • Choose Run from the Start menu, type the following, and then click OK:
Code:
regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx
The next build will either include COMDLG32.OCX or not require it.

There is a bit of a bug in this that I would like to tell you, when I was creating my map I had everything in it. Then when I tryed to go into 3D Mode I got a overflow. Is there any way to fix this problem? :|

SuperMecha said:
There is a bit of a bug in this that I would like to tell you, when I was creating my map I had everything in it. Then when I tryed to go into 3D Mode I got a overflow. Is there any way to fix this problem? :|
It's possible that there's a problem building the map's nodes. Check the map for errors (F4) and see if fixing any of those solves the overflow. If not, would it be possible for you to send me a wad where the problem occurs, so that I can reproduce the problem and fix it?

As Kaysakado said, if you're using Vista, all bets are off. This doesn't sound like a Vista-related problem, though.

Is the rewrite completely 'install free', doesn't require the registration of any weird DLLs, and doesn't write to anywhere but in its own directory (and/or where you're saving the WADs you're working with)?

Kinda like SRB2.

Basically, I want to be able to put the rewrite on a computer, work with it, and then remove it and have no trace of it ever existing on the computer.

SSNTails said:
Is the rewrite completely 'install free', doesn't require the registration of any weird DLLs, and doesn't write to anywhere but in its own directory (and/or where you're saving the WADs you're working with)?

Kinda like SRB2.

Basically, I want to be able to put the rewrite on a computer, work with it, and then remove it and have no trace of it ever existing on the computer.
It doesn't use COM, so no DLL registration is needed. It writes temporary files in the working directory, but these are transitory; later, config files will be written in subdirectories of the working directory.

This is strictly for interest, of course. I wouldn't like to be responsible for detrimental effects to anybody's education, career or immortal soul. In reverse order.

Now, this is one thing I've always wondered; in the sector properties dialog the adjacent sector ceiling and floor heights are displayed with ceiling above floor when in most cases, it's opposite. (Look at the input for deciding the sector's ceiling and floor in the same dialog) I always thought that seemed illogical but it's something. :D

JJames19119 said:
Now, this is one thing I've always wondered; in the sector properties dialog the adjacent sector ceiling and floor heights are displayed with ceiling above floor when in most cases, it's opposite. (Look at the input for deciding the sector's ceiling and floor in the same dialog) I always thought that seemed illogical but it's something. :D
I agree that having floor above ceiling seems a little odd. I've made a note to reconsider this arrangement for dialogues in the rewrite.

Moving onto something entirely unrelated, there's a post on the DB message board about running on Vista. It might be worth a read for anyone who's having problems.

Well, after taking advantage of the "wisDoom" of the Doomworld post, I tried the compatibility modes thing. This pops up:
E31.png

You can download that file here. Put it in your system directory (normally C:\windows\system32) and then run the following at the command line:

Code:
regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx

The file will be installed and registered automatically in future builds. Thanks for pointing that out.

Need help, I keep getting these errors:
WARNING: You have no IWAD file set for this configuration!
WARNING: Could not find required lump PLAYPAL
It's been a while since I used SRB2 DoomBuilder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back