Name generators... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

ZOMFG I M4DE THE B3ST MOST 0RIGINAL THInG IN H1STORY Of mANKIND TH4T NOOOOOOBODY HAZ EEEVER DON3 BEFORRR! :DDDDD
N0w nowon3 of u guyz w1ll h4v3 nam1ng pRoblemZ evarrr with ur zones again!!1! U do'nt h4ve 2 th4nk m3, I kno that I = god ololololol

FAST DL: http://www.sendspace.com/file/toz8zk

\irony

On a serious note: What do you guys think about name generators? Tons of them can be found online for various themes and lots of people make use of them.
I usually try to come up with own names for stuff that I create or character names in video games and stay away from name generators. The ideas that come to my mind may not always be totally original but if I would rely on these generators it would just not feel right. Like it wasn't my own anymore.

Granted there are some you can have fun with like the Videogame Name Generator but in general I do not see the point in using them. Most of them do not provide enough variety to be somewhat good, anyway.

Name generator? I made my name unoriginal and hard to spell on purpose, I can do better than this. As for name generators, it´s like a total failure packed on an archive, we don´t decide wich name we will be given to us at birth, why let another program/person choose that again?

Name generator? I made my name unoriginal and hard to spell on purpose, I can do better than this. As for name generators, it´s like a total failure packed on an archive, we don´t decide wich name we will be given to us at birth, why let another program/person choose that again?

Exactly. We have the freedom to chose what name we want to be called. Name generators just take that freedom away. Well unless you don't use one. xD

Besides, some of us don't even use our origanal names as we grow older. Do you know my friends in REAL LIFE call me Shard? Almost everyone I know except my family and relitives call me Shard.

What purpose does this generator have? It really doesn't GENERATE names either. And people are the only ones who should choose names. Not to be rude or anything, but this just doesn't have a good use. Also for picking names for stories and games, human creativity can do better than this can or could ever do!

Last edited:
I find name generators useful to inspire whatever it is I'm trying to think of. I'll like certain parts of a name and go from there.
When I do use name generators I just don't usually like the results I get.

Besides, some of us don't even use our origanal names as we grow older. Do you know my friends in REAL LIFE call me Shard? Almost everyone I know except my family and relitives call me Shard.

My friends call me Plathiny (My last name with some letters added), obviously because of the Ex-Soccer french player, Platini. Weird since we play Baseball most of the times, and not Soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back