What is wrong with my PC???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it just start doing this, or has it been doing this since you first got it?

It started doing it , let me see , oh!It started doing it when my uncle put the sound on my computer (that was 6 months ago) (my uncle knows more than i do on computers).

wrong.

i have a windows xp AND a windows vista.

and the bleeps only appear on the windows xp.

now i ask you a question:

how do you post pics? (i know this has nothing to do with what we are talking about)

Probably normal. Everytime I boot up my computer it goes *BEEP*
When I don't hear the beep, it's because the PC couldn't boot.

Also, I remember playing a old DOS game on another computer that didn't have sound boxes, and the game sound was composed of the beeps caused by the CPU.

thanks

ok:

since my first computer broke down,i was stuck in boredome.

3 months later:yey a new computer!sadly it dosn't have sound.

1 month later: my dad installs service pack 2 on my computer to see if the sound problem would be fixed(service pack 2(including 1 and 3)turns a xp to vista(the same settings a vista ect....))but it wasn't fixed so he calls my unlcle and it is fixed.HOOOOOORAAAAAY!(but it bleeps)

6 months later: i post this topic.

PS.i only go to the internet on my REAL vista since it dosn't work on the xp.

Your computer OS shouldn't change what makes those beeps at start up. It varies from computer to computer depending on the BIOS chip inside.

Don't be alarmed at the two beeps that happen when you initially boot up your computer. Those sounds represent the internal BIOS chip in your computer is starting up. After which, your computer should go through it's normal boot process. If the internal BIOS chip didn't make those sounds, something might be bad and your computer might have trouble booting its OS.

Actually, the beeps refer to different error codes. One beep usually means the system started up properly, and anything else indicates some error.

Unfortunately, the codes depend on which BIOS you're using. You should contact your computer/motherboard manufacturer (they usually have the information in their knowledge base) in order to find out what they are.

Don't use color text unless it's absolutely necessary. I can barely read that text without highlighting it due to slight colorblindness.

Service Pack 3 is the "vista"-esque security fix for XP, and is a rollup package of 1 and 2. Not 2.

Honestly, unless it's actually interfering with the standard start up process there's most likely nothing wrong. You should be using Vista the majority of the time anyway; XP's weak security and poor userspace design is really starting to shine.

A number of manufacturers program their BIOS to emit the 2-beep error code when there is a memory problem. There's no guarantee this is the case for you, so I'd suggest running memtest86 to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back