Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Warrior said:
Sonic Drift sucked. It was fun for like the first five minutes, then it was the same damn thing over and over again.

We didn't even compare this to Sonic Drift in any other way than the fact that Sonic's in a car again, so I don't even know what your point is.

Sonic's in a car? Not again...
And that's why Sonic Drift sucks :D

Sonic in a car does not make X game suck. :p

Oh, and to defend myself, I am able to ask questions aren't I? Was I complaining? Really, I was just highly confused on why Tails at least didn't have some Tornado model or something. I really can't say much about the game due to the fact that 0 game play was shown at all. So right now I'm not for or against the idea, but it seams Sega is starting to get into the spin-offs. I mean, Olympics... Tennis... *Waits for Sonic Shuffle remake*

Autosaver said:

Sonic in a car does not make X game suck. :p

Uh:

Fyrus said:

Lame references aside, I'm expecting some good things out of this.

Where are you getting the idea that we're shrugging off the game just because Sonic's in a car, Autosaver?

Probably because people on pretty much every other website literally are. Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".

Rather than making a Sega version of Mario Kart, they should make a sort of Sonic R 2.

Sega are quite good when it comes to racing games (Sega rally comes to mind) so I doubt it will be a train wreck, and I'm guessing there will be some unlockable cars/plains in this game so the tornado might have a chance to get in.

Shadow Hog said:
Probably because people on pretty much every other website literally are. Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".

Yeah, other forums I posted this have either said "Sonic = Fail, or Sonic + car = fail"

Shadow Hog said:
Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".
I just go with "terrible until proven otherwise". It's the default state of a Sonic game to be bad right now. If this game turns out to be a good Mario Kart clone I might enjoy it, but their track record on Sonic games is so bad right now that you're leading yourself into disappointment if you get excited about a Sonic game before it comes out. However, if, after it comes out, it gets good reviews, THEN it's time to start becoming interested.

Eh, I'm already interested, due to a fact that it's a racing game by Sega.

But then again, we can't jump to conclusions just yet when it comes to this game being either awesome or terrible. It's best to wait until either a demo comes out so that you can try it out yourself first, or rent it when it is release. But so far, I kinda like the concept of this game.

Mystic said:
Shadow Hog said:
Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".
I just go with "terrible until proven otherwise". It's the default state of a Sonic game to be bad right now. If this game turns out to be a good Mario Kart clone I might enjoy it, but their track record on Sonic games is so bad right now that you're leading yourself into disappointment if you get excited about a Sonic game before it comes out. However, if, after it comes out, it gets good reviews, THEN it's time to start becoming interested.

You have to understand that this isn't made be Sonic Team. As Dimps has proven there great at making games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumo_Digital
If you look at the list of games, they have been rated very high. Outrun? FTW

Autosaver said:
Mystic said:
Shadow Hog said:

You have to understand that this isn't made be Sonic Team. As Dimps has proven there great at making games.

lol, wikipedia.
And just because it's made by Dimps doesn't automatically mean it's going to be good.

Jellybones69 said:
Autosaver said:
Mystic said:
Shadow Hog said:

lol, wikipedia.
And just because it's made by Dimps doesn't automatically mean it's going to be good.

Well said. Look at Sonic Unleashed WiiS2.

Bigboi said:
Jellybones69 said:
Autosaver said:
Mystic said:
Shadow Hog said:

lol, wikipedia.

Uh... It wasn't that bad. (Although I'll admit that the PS2 version was in fact a poor port of the Wii version.)

Anyways, why does this racetrack look so familiar...?
screenshot_215888.jpg

From what I've read, it's a mix of Green Hill and Seaside Hill.

Honestly, if you look past the "OMFG WTF IZ SONIC DOIN IN CAR THARS NO LION" factor, it looks like it'd actually be a good game.

You do know that the game was actually rated decent(7/10) And Sonic Team did most of the game....lol (Its pretty good for a PS2 game)

From what I've read, it's a mix of Green Hill and Seaside Hill.
It reminds me only of Seaside, wheres the green hill in there?

Autosaver said:

Dimps has also made mediocre games as well. Sonic Unleashed for the Wii and PS2 was not a bad game, but there were plenty of design errors that detracted from the overall experience.

Autosaver said:
You do know that the game was actually rated decent(7/10)

Yeah, and the 360/PS3 version was rated lower. I don't think your point stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back