Post your pics/art here!

Your art always creeps me out Greg, once again good work.

Want a laugh then?

Rayman.jpg

This might get you in either a fit or as TV Tropes would say, realistic detail is too scary for closeups.

BUT ANYWAYS. There's my pic of the post. I've been drawing like crazy and finally have gotten back to drawing.. well... OTHER THINGS. Things I've sadly ignored to draw. In fact, some fungus will be popping in for a visit soon.

Rayman is awesome. Especially Rayman 2 Revolution.

You didn't draw any Robo Pirates, though. :(

In anyway, you're really good at drawing.

Tak_Running_by_takashika_kyatto247.png

I tried to do the "painting" effect again. I seem to be better at it because before when I color it, it's all wobbly :P

Rayman is awesome. Especially Rayman 2 Revolution.

You didn't draw any Robo Pirates, though. :(

In anyway, you're really good at drawing.

Don't worry, though. In the upcoming artwork, there will be Robot Pirates as well as Electoons and Hoodlums. All the big name villains and cronies from the franchise will be there for sure.

Oh, but Eddie is not from Rayman, but whoever it was you did draw had more than a passing resemblance to the official mascot of the band Iron Maiden.

Oh, but Eddie is not from Rayman, but whoever it was you did draw had more than a passing resemblance to the official mascot of the band Iron Maiden.
Oh... You mean this Eddie?

iron_maiden_-eddie.jpg

I can see where you're coming from... Yeah. But I think that now, that adds another level of awesomeness to the spin on Mr. Dark since he's the Big Bad Shadow of Darkness in the first game.

Ah.

Unique spin on him.

But... Is he recognizable? I'm sorry, but if he's not, then I have some work to do.

ultimatetakredesign.png

I don't have good lineart skills which is why I prefer to color this way. My shading style sucks, too.

Last edited:
Oh... You mean this Eddie?

[Killers album]

I can see where you're coming from... Yeah. But I think that now, that adds another level of awesomeness to the spin on Mr. Dark since he's the Big Bad Shadow of Darkness in the first game.
YES. THAT EDDIE. :D I can almost swear that Mr. Dark's design was inspired by the very band that helped with some of that dark metal.

Expandin' into the world of comic strips, eh? Well, it's pretty good. I like the twisted shapes and shades in the background the best.

One thing that bothers me is that the panel layout is kinda conventional, which I'm surprised you haven't approached more adventurously. Take a look at what Bill Watterson did with this Sunday strips. I'm aware that it's more difficult to play about with standard weekday strips, due to the limited space and all, but Frank Cho still managed to be wonderfully creative in that aspect without sacrificing quality.

017.jpg

027.jpg

He has a ton of other examples on his archives. Matt Groening's "Life in Hell" cartoons and Linda Barry's works, especially "What it Is" are also pretty damned creative with their panels.

But other than that, great job, as usual. I hope you continue with comic strips.

Well, I've actually been doing these strips for the school newspaper for the entire school year. And yes, I did go pretty conventional with it as it's easy to produce. However, the final strip will do something most inventive this time around. That means two strips are coming up to finish this little arc.

But as for comics in general I've had this idea of making a coming and selling it around my hometown for the past months, with a cover already penciled out (mostly). I'll have to scan it in. I'm still brainstorming the four stories featured really. But it's like a variety comic book to show what series I'd like to start on and develop into full fledged franchises.

And that cover will be here in a moment. AS SOON AS I SCAN IT.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

COMICS.jpg

Yeah. So we've got the cat, the man of pizza, the hairball, and the big bad robot. I have to re-pencil those trees. Not realistic in proportion (or detail for that matter).

Oh, and here we go. Something else to go along with it.

GeneralCartoons001.jpg

It seems I was making myself a Pacman bookmark while I was reading Cry, the Beloved Country.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back