Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's already been stated. It's something Scizor did that might be fixed when the next update comes, but I'm not sure when that's coming.

That's already been stated. It's something Scizor did that might be fixed when the next update comes, but I'm not sure when that's coming.

Okay the-- Wait. [moment of stupidity coming] Which problem were you talking about? The voice problem, or the music file problem? [end of stupidity moment]

The voice problem. I guess it looked like I was talking about both problems. But what problems are you having with adding music?

The voice problem. I guess it looked like I was talking about both problems. But what problems are you having with adding music?

Here's the problem. (AND NO, THAT PREVIOUS SENTENCE WAS NOT A REFERENCE TO HOTEL MARIO.)
I've tried addfile-ing the music1, music2, and music3 .kart files to SRB2 Kart Z using the console. However, when I play the game, I don't hear any music in ANY part of the game. Just SFX. Had I done something wrong?

Here's the problem. (AND NO, THAT PREVIOUS SENTENCE WAS NOT A REFERENCE TO HOTEL MARIO.)
I've tried addfile-ing the music1, music2, and music3 .kart files to SRB2 Kart Z using the console. However, when I play the game, I don't hear any music in ANY part of the game. Just SFX. Had I done something wrong?
Dude, nobody would have EVER thought in a million years that you were referencing such an OBSCURE quote from such an outdated meme. It took me a few seconds to realise what you were yammering on about.

As for your problem, you DON'T addfile those. If they're in your SRB2Kart folder they'll be added automatically.

ZarroTsu, I don't know how that link is going to solve my problem.
>vanity

Okay the-- Wait. [moment of stupidity coming] Which problem were you talking about? The voice problem, or the music file problem? [end of stupidity moment]

The voice issue was caused by me using Silver's sound effects as a template to work with when I was getting the sound effects done for Waluigi, and then I forgot to rename them so they didn't clash with Silver's.

in the meantime have a look at my proposed solution to the problem until they're fixed.

itsnouse.png

i think it's an improvement

Dude, nobody would have EVER thought in a million years that you were referencing such an OBSCURE quote from such an outdated meme. It took me a few seconds to realise what you were yammering on about.

As for your problem, you DON'T addfile those. If they're in your SRB2Kart folder they'll be added automatically.

>vanity

Sorry. No dice. I moved them to the folder called SRB2KART.120215.Music, and I STILL did not hear any music! Should I make a new folder or something?

It's not exactly rocket surgery.

Certainly not. After all, doing surgery on a rocket is impossible, considering it's an inanimate object. You might as well try to do the opposite and figure out a way for the human body to launch itself into space.

On topic, though, what I'll Begin posted is true. Think about it this way: When SRB2Kart (and all other versions of SRB2 as well) is loaded up, the EXE does the equivelant of automatically using the "addfile" command on all of the resource files it needs. Of course, "addfile" requires the file in question to be in the same folder as the EXE, so the resources need to be in that folder as well.

Last edited:
All resources go in the same folder as the SRB2Kart exe bro. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

Nope. STILL NOTHING! Are my music files corrupted?

EDIT: Wow, I fail. I did not realize that the music.dta file was not in the folder!

P.S: There needs to be new music for some of the tracks almost all of the tracks.

EDIT 2: That didn't work at all. I'm still not hearing music.

Last edited:
So he wants new music just for the hell of it? The current tunes we're using fit and don't need replacing.

So he wants new music just for the hell of it? The current tunes we're using fit and don't need replacing.

That's not what I meant. I meant to say that there needs to be a different kind of music from the same soundtrack in most of the courses. (Example: Pipe Speedway's music is Tempest Valley Zone. NOT what I expected. I expected the SRB2 remake of Super Mario Brothers - Overworld (The track used in Mario Koopa Blast 2 if you unlocked it.)

That's not what I meant. I meant to say that there needs to be a different kind of music from the same soundtrack in most of the courses. (Example: Pipe Speedway's music is Tempest Valley Zone.

You still don't have the right music then. The music that SHOULD play is the Luigi/Mario Raceway track from Mario Kart 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back