• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Canyon Castle (CTF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i'm making a new level, my fourth (fifth?) if my count is correct.
Anyways, it's obviously set in a canyon, and features castles.
So far it's rather large, mostly because I have a HUGE area outside the castle.

Anyways, getting into the castle itself will be no easy job. The front gates are locked, so Knuckles and Tails can fly/climb over the walls, and Sonic can take the catapult (it's a bit of sector work with a spring inside), but this leaves you open to be attacked easily. There are sentry towers, a large "main" tower, and the hallways are large with very little places to hide (there are some, but they're spread out a bit).

There is only one castle, Red Team tries to bust in, Blue Team has to defend. Blue Team also has to try to get into Red's small camp, and take their flag inside the castle gates. Red also only has to get inside their camp boundaries.

Anyways, i've got the castle mostly done, but i'm nowhere near even a beta release.

srb20000.png

Where the castle starts.

srb20002.png

I've climbed up the wall and i'm on the gate itself.

srb20002.png

The inside of the castle.

I'll more than likely have a beta out before next month, but until then this is it.

What I really want to know is, you think the idea of different battle fields for each team will work?

Do you mean to say that Red Team has a natural advantage on this stage? Because that's a bad idea. Theoretically, you could have differently-styled bases for Red and Blue, but they've got to be equally hard to penetrate.

Nathan Speed said:
srb20003.png

The inside of the castle.
Fixed the pic for you.
Nathan Speed said:
What I really want to know is, you think the idea of different battle fields for each team will work?
It will not work. Unless, as Fawfulfan says, both would have to be equally hard to penetrate.
Even though you do that, the balance would be not right or it would be unfair for some players.

Oh, well yeah, they'll be equally hard to penetrate. Really, the only big hurdle will be getting past each teams gate. After that it's a run for the flag. You can't really make a CTF stage unbalanced unless it's a dramatic change. You usualy have one big obstacle, then a bit of running. This will just have two big hurdles, and a lot of running.

I don't think unbalanced sides will hurt to try, really. I'd make sure one side doesn't have too much of an advantage though, but uneven sides sound fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back