How or What do you collect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cat

OK this topic is about how you collect and what you collect. First how do you collect? Do you open it? Or do you leave it MIB? Explain your answer. Then what do you collect? It can be anything from cars to figures or even comic books.

OK I usually collect comics, and cars. I put them on display. Then if it is something I really love and will never sell, I open and look at every so often. I have so much to look at. So comment and talk about your opinion of collecting.

I collect PC junk.

No really, I have 5 probably useless PCs at the bottom of my cupboard, and I'm getting two more at some point. I never throw out any of my PC stuff until it's too old to even work.

I used to collect business cards, but I don't anymore.

I also sometimes collect Pokemon cards *shot*.

...and I have a pretty big collection of fangames on my computer. Lots of them are really good, but some of them suck, and I only keep them because they have great 3D or a level editor (I LOVE level editors!)

Here's my oddest one: you know that blue putty-like adhesive stuff that is used to stick papers to the wall? I collected that for a long time, and now I have a huge blue lump of it, about the size of a softball, sitting on my nightstand. It's so heavy that it constantly squashes itself under its own weight, and I have to keep shifting it and picking it up to keep it from pressing itself against the surface of the bedside table.

I collect cars. I leave them MIB. Then I also collect coins. I have 49/50 state coins. I also collect some sonic stuff. I put them on display.

Here's my oddest one: you know that blue putty-like adhesive stuff that is used to stick papers to the wall? I collected that for a long time, and now I have a huge blue lump of it, about the size of a softball, sitting on my nightstand. It's so heavy that it constantly squashes itself under its own weight, and I have to keep shifting it and picking it up to keep it from pressing itself against the surface of the bedside table.

Where I come from, we call this Blu-Tack.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that name. It's just that it's called different things different places, and I didn't want to confuse anyone.

It's not so much as I collect, as much as I don't throw stuff out. I "collect" random PC parts and other stuff that might be worth something later.

I collect Bakugan, Yu-gi-oh cards, and Transformers.
The Bakugan are in my Bakutin, Yu-gi-oh cards are in a pouch that I put somewhere, and the Transformers...
Well once I get them all from the old toy box, I'll put them on display, but not my Optimus and Human Alliance Bumblebee Because they are the best looking ones i have.(Ultimate Bumblebee does not count)
Now I actually play Bakugan.(Now that I have the cards ans the rules had nothing to do with HSPs anymore)
Edit: I also apparently collect Wowwee robots due to the fact that i have Robosapien v1, Roboraptor, Roboreptile, and a DESTROYED Flytech Dragonfly,

Last edited:
well I collect video game plushes. i have one of sonic the one that was in a bidding contest recently here (the one with paper-thin quills), a knux one, another sonic one, a big tails one, a shadow one, a mario one, a crash bandicoot one, and another sonic the hedgehog one. I have a shelf that I display them on.

I collect PC junk.

No really, I have 5 probably useless PCs at the bottom of my cupboard, and I'm getting two more at some point. I never throw out any of my PC stuff until it's too old to even work.

Sounds like my Video game collection.

Though with useless PCs, that's more of being a pack-rat and less of collecting, no offense. I shouldn't be talking though, because there are about 6 computers in my basement strewn out all over the floor in pieces.

Well if your current pc breaks with those parts you can always self repair it, that is if it is the same pc.

I collect Nestle Bottle caps. I used to collect Yoo-Hoo bottle caps, but now I drink Yoo-Hoo out of the boxes and not out of the bottles. I just stick the bottle cap into my pocket once I'm done drinking it, and if I'm at a theme park, I play with the bottle cap until it's time to go home. :3

I don't really COLLECT comics, but I have a foot-high stack of Batman comics, and about a 2-inch high stack of Tiny Titans comics.

I have all the 3 3/4 inch sonic figures except Shadow and Silver. Then I have all the toy Island figures, many Sonic plushes, and 10 inch metal sonic.

I collect loose loose change, mostly. And random pens.

And then there's my fairly impressive collection of books. And my collection of shareware/$5 Steam games.

Dammit. I feel poor compared to you guys.

Last edited:
secret-collect-0-dsf.gif

On a more serious note, I've lately been amassing a collection of terrible and/or epic Klik & Play games. Some of these have great entertainment value (especially ones like Venture 2), and eventually I'm gonna have to find some way to play them even while I'm on Linux, because several months from now I plan on transitioning to a primarily Linux-based production environment with the new computer I plan on building.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back