Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade T. Hedgehog said:
Ringslingerwait = time (in tics)

Determines how long you have to wait before firing again. If zero, it works like an auto ring.

Ringslingerdrain = 1,0

If one, firing drains rings. If zero, it won't.
Ringslingerwait = 0
Ringslingerdrain = 0
OVERPOWERED

Chaos Knux said:
Blade T. Hedgehog said:

Determines how long you have to wait before firing again. If zero, it works like an auto ring.

Ringslingerdrain = 1,0

Ringslingerwait = 0
Ringslingerdrain = 0
OVERPOWERED
The command can be simply changed to only affect players in Single Player mode. Match's system should be universal.

Karuno said:
Chaos Knux said:
Blade T. Hedgehog said:

Ringslingerdrain = 1,0

Ringslingerwait = 0
Ringslingerdrain = 0
OVERPOWERED
The command can be simply changed to only affect players in Single Player mode. Match's system should be universal.

I find no reason to have such a variable. It's fine where it is.

Karuno said:
>After three minutes, players should earn a Time Over. (on the official levels, since custom ones can be much longer)

The classic games had ten minute time limits. Three minutes is far too short to complete an offical level. Tails would never make it. >_<

The levels are too short for ten minutes to pass, unless you get stuck. Isn't ten minutes a bit lengthy?

Why not have it only available for DEVMODE? You can't use it in netgames, and people tend to abuse the -force command so they can hangout in Greenflower Zone.

The time limit is intentionally not in SRB2.

The simple reason is that the last thing you want to do to the player when they're lost is to add insult to injury by killing them. If the player knows where to do, the time limit does nothing, and if the player is lost and frustrated already, THAT is when it triggers. Also, some of the single player stages are definitely large enough to encourage the player to explore, and I see no reason to arbitrarily restrict the player to 10 minutes exploring when they can easily spend a half an hour scouring the stage for stuff.

The reason behind the 10 minute time limit in the classic games is because it is possible to get stuck in the classic games because of occasionally shoddy collision detection. The 10 minute time limit allows the player to at least have a method of getting out if they somehow get stuck inside a wall.

Dunno if this goes here, but with 1.1's new match system, how will characters that have custom weapons use them? Will they be disabled?

Blade T. Hedgehog said:
Dunno if this goes here, but with 1.1's new match system, how will characters that have custom weapons use them? Will they be disabled?
Probably not but most n00bs online make over powered custom weapons so I don't know ATM.

Eh...

I mean, the textures in GFZ 1 get cut off constantly and personally I think it looks bad. So what I'm saying is, align the texture on the lindef using SRB2 DB or whatever you SRB2 people use for levels (lol).

Yes, that is possible. Face the wall, and use the arrow keys to change it's offset. Adding a middle texture moves it down a bit so it can be placed on the wall. Floor alignment is done with Control Sectors and linedef lengths.

I know it's possible, I mean just to actually use it in the official SRB2 levels. I released a GFZ patch to do this, I'm aware that it's possible. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back