• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Botanic Serenity is almost here! (NiGHTS Preview; request for bugs and oddities)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might help if the NiGHTS Technical Document were edited for brevity and clarity. I wrote a lot of repetitive speak, the most blatant example being:
Me said:
The Axis Points are perhaps the most integral part of a NiGHTS map. An arrangement of these axis points defines how the 2D flying track is traced out. Without these axis points, there would be no definition of a 2D track, and thusly, no proper NiGHTS level.
:)

@daiches99: Yeah, by the end of this week. Not only because it's BSZ'S fourth anniversary, but because it'd be inconvenient for me to drag it for much longer!

It might help if the NiGHTS Technical Document were edited for brevity and clarity. I wrote a lot of repetitive speak
You wouldn't guess how much repetition can help to convey an idea. Saying the same thing twice in different ways increases the chance that the reader will actually understand what you're saying. Of course, this assumes the reader is patient enough to read all that text.

I just tested Co-op in BSZ. Works beautifully, so support should make it in the final!

srb20056.png
A hide-n-seek version shouldn't be too hard, either. The following tasks remain, in order of importance:
  • Boss (wish me luck on this one... it's getting close enough that I may just leave it out!)
  • Finalizing emerald and Emblem placement
  • Co-op and Hide-n-seek support
  • Jukebox

I don't see any grass trim on the edges. It would look much better than it already is (if that's even physically possible) if there was some of that trim.

Shhhh, it's a super secret! Dr. Eggman won't be very happy if his plans were revealed ;)

Last edited:
I am not sure if I like seeing that cliff texture everywhere. Not sure what would replace it. Perhaps something with a larger pattern?
GFZROCK has a larger pattern and it looks awful, y'know...

Well, I figured he wouldn't obviously use GFZROCK; that would be obvious. Actually, I think the cliff texture looks fine in some areas, but not so good in others.
srb20047.png

In that picture, the cliff looks odd on that small FOF for instance. I suppose the only solution to that is to pick and choose which place where the texture looks good, but I know that would take a big chunk of time.

This is great. Amazing, BUT...
Someone REALLY needs to make a more legit NiGHTS tutorial on the wiki. I can't be hard at all.

In that picture, the cliff looks odd on that small FOF for instance. I suppose the only solution to that is to pick and choose which place where the texture looks good, but I know that would take a big chunk of time.
I think this has to do with the angle at which the picture was taken. It looks much better if you can move around and look at the top and bottom and the sides of it. Also, using the same texture for the FOF and the rock behind it would look worse.

This is great. Amazing, BUT...
Someone REALLY needs to make a more legit NiGHTS tutorial on the wiki. I can't be hard at all.
Go write a tutorial of that scope and then come back and say it's not hard. I would rewrite it, but I don't have the time.

Go write a tutorial of that scope and then come back and say it's not hard. I would rewrite it, but I don't have the time.

It's not like you have to completely rewrite it. It's hard for me, because, well, I know nothing about NiGHTS mode.

I have even less time than you, though.
School started 2 weeks ago for me. T_T

Trust me, though, I'd at least TRY if I knew a thing about it.

It's not like you have to completely rewrite it.
Oh yes, I do need to completely rewrite it.

It's hard for me, because, well, I know nothing about NiGHTS mode.
Have you tried this? It's not a tutorial, but it tells you how NiGHTS Mode works.

I have even less time than you, though.
School started 2 weeks ago for me. T_T
One week ago for me, so I don't have much time either.

So, Digiku, where is that release you promised?

I just wonder how to get the transfer lines to show up in outline mode for SRB2 doom builder for the 2.0 config. For some reason the lines don't show up for them under the 2.0 config, but do for the 1.09.4 config.

1.Why?
2.I can't seem to understand that...

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/NiGHTS_Tutorial

This is one of the reasons why if I am not mistaken, the tutorial needs to be rewritten and it is a time consuming task. It is to make it more understandable and more elaborate since making a great tutorial is hard to do on things like this and it takes time and effort as well.

The Nights Technical Document basically tells you how Nights Mode works, what objects are needed, and how each object is used in the mode as he stated in his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back