• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Poloy Forest Zone + new levels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found a way to download from sendspace, without crashing firefox, simply by using save link as, so I can finally play this level, it doesn't feel like a forest, without forest sky, and you can't be so lenient as to change your level dramatically on the whims of us reviewers, we're not all right, and camera modifying death pits, make it hard to see, don't use them!!

SWP (SRB2) said:
I finally found a way to download from sendspace without crashing firefox! Simply by using save link as, so I can finally play this level. it doesn't feel like a forest without forest sky, and you can't be so lenient as to change your level dramatically on the whims of us reviewers. We're not all right, and camera modifying death pits make it hard to see, don't use them!!

Fixed grammer because of comma ab00se.

Anyway, yeah, I would remove Camera Modification. It makes gliding around a little awkward. The night sky doesn't seem to bad, but the level can feel a little awkward. Maybe if you put some tress or forest scenery here and there.

New release!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3opksv

PFZ act 1 has been modified a little bit. I know there are still some camera-mod death pits left. Act 3 is done.

CRZ act 1 has been started on.

Two new match stages, Four Squares Zone and Skyscraper Zone have been added.

Your two match stages are WAY too small. Four squares is too small, lacks rings. You could make the level larger and give it a deeper and more interesting lake. Skyscraper zone is also too small, but it's a good idea. Instead of surrounding the building in water, give it streets to let the players fight on,and maybe teleports to the building or something.

You also have springs in skyscraper zone that bounce me into the death pit.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5zwvvo

Skyscraper has been replaced with Tar Mechanism Zone. I felt like I needed to put in a level with dangerous tar pools.

srb20026.png

Stop releasing unfinished levels, you don't need to post a new link, whenever you make a slight change, also the match levels, need work, a lot of work, since their just small bland squares, they must be bigger, and have a lot more time on them, also forests don't float, the main problem I have with Poloy Forest, is that it's too short, and that it doesn't look like a forest, or feel like one, and your other levels, unfinished as they are, have been done to death concepts, Frost Flare Zone is a good fire/ice level, and Gelespious Mountain is a good cavernous ruinish level, spend more time on your levels, and don't release levels until their finished, but you did inspire me, to put match levels in my level pack, as well as some early level demos, as well, and I like the way it looks so far, just needs to have more work put into it.

SWP, please stop putting commas after every 3 words, it makes your post completely annoying to read. Not every level has to feel like how it's name indicates. Just look at Forever Forest zone, you wouldn't expect a sand/forest hybrid from that name, but it still works. Sure the levels need to be longer (poloy forest zone), but that shouldn't stop him from releasing new things whenever he wants to...

Ice said:
SWP, please stop putting commas after every 3 words, it makes your post completely annoying to read. Not every level has to feel like how it's name indicates. Just look at Forever Forest zone, you wouldn't expect a sand/forest hybrid from that name, but it still works. Sure the levels need to be longer (poloy forest zone), but that shouldn't stop him from releasing new things whenever he wants to...

Fine, I'll work on my punctuation skills for you guys. Also, you are right that a level doesn't have to feel like the name suggests, BUT, some tree textures floating amongst a starry void, doesn't qualify as a forest. And I still believe that releases should only be after significant progress is made, also where can I play this forever forest?

I'd like to say something significant right about now, but this is mostly bits and pieces of everything. It's cool that you're dabbling in a bunch of different things, but I can't really say whether it's here nor there.

Keep working and everything will become finished eventually, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back