• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2Colors - SRB2CB mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I hate the actual game "Sonic Colors" I still am very impressed on how this looks so far great job and keep up the amazing work.

Another Angle2D example with bits of the second act of planet wisp :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_jj51BNjBM
shot0003%20%282%29.png

shot0004.png

shot0006%20%282%29.png
EDIT: I will be showing more soon (everything can be put into place now even though this works slowly)

Last edited:
Holy shit, I've been trying to find a way to get angled 2D mode for the longest time when I was working on a few various SRB2 Mods of my own, but I couldn't figure out how.

How are you doing this if you don't mind me asking? Am I seeing NiGHTS waypoints in there somewhere?

Last edited:
It's just SRB2CB, Flame. It's been a feature, but hell if I know how to get it to work. It does use NiGHTS waypoints, though.

Your textures are mind blowing. Your zones are beautiful. You've inspired me, Pac! I'm also working on a PNG mod... I'm going to have to really step things up.

I Think the mod is complete and haven't to make changes !!
Do you understand me it's very awesome in all maps and when i ll find the download link i ll try it
Thank you so match for the mod

Last edited:
Hey Pac I'm making a mod called Sonic ReGenerated Xtreme and I need to make superb 2d areas like you have in SRB2 colors, can you tell how you made the character bend corners because I've been trying to make the character do this for 2 months.

Hey Pac I'm making a mod called Sonic ReGenerated Xtreme and I need to make superb 2d areas like you have in SRB2 colors, can you tell how you made the character bend corners because I've been trying to make the character do this for 2 months.

You would have to recode the entire NiGHTS mode system in the source to do that .

I don't know, it could just be me, but with the way srb2's graphical system works, textures with intense diversity to them just look kind of weird. Unless there was some serious anti-aliasing, blurring, or a way to make the pixels not be "expanded" ((See most new 3D games)) it could look great. I think you should try simplifying the grass and wall textures.

I don't know, it could just be me, but with the way srb2's graphical system works, textures with intense diversity to them just look kind of weird. Unless there was some serious anti-aliasing, blurring, or a way to make the pixels not be "expanded" ((See most new 3D games)) it could look great.

Perhaps a function to flag a texture as being hi-res? The real problem is the differences between a modern game, which stretches a texture over a triangle, so it can be as low- or hi-res as necessary, and Doom, which makes all the textures the same size period. A good compromise would be a hi-res or super-hi-res texture flag, which would downscale the texture by some amount, like 2x or 4x respectively. It may even be possible in software in a similar fashion to the sprite scaling, but that's of no concern.

Bump!
This looks really great. Is it still in production?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back