• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Plasma Grave Zone v0.0.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful not to make the level cramped because it looks like it will turn out cramped by the looks of the beginning. The music slot does not even fit either. And as stated before PLEASE do not make the level look ugly on purpose, it can hurt someone's eyes looking at how ugly it is. Try using some rock textures also instead of the grass that does not seem to fit.

Okay, you clearly have absolutely no idea the amount of effort required to make a stage, so I'm going to spell it out as bluntly as possible so you get a clue.
Well, sorry, but, yeah, I do. I've looked at SRB2 in DB before and the intricacy is astonishing.

Levels are not made in an afternoon.
Yes, I know. You sort of said that in the Mystical Heavens thread. And PGZ1 is obviously incomplete.
Here is a shot of a more interesting level, ACZ1:

acz1_db.png
acz1_db.png

The difference here is obvious.

Yeah, of course I know that, but it is only a start of the level, and trust me, it will look nothing like ACZ1 as it does in DB; the reason being ACZ1 is the most confusing level in SRB2(oh my, I really hope ACZ2 isn't like this).

Last edited:
The point is that you shouldn't be releasing levels that are so incomplete. At least wait until you have something worth showing before you show it off.

You're still trying to produce an entire level pack?!? Good gawd...

Well, might I advise you to slap together your main levels before you start on the extras?

And about the name... I like it. It's innovative, at least. But when I hear "Plasma Grave", I think of an old, crashed spaceship that's leaking dangerous fuel everywhere, not actual graves filled with actual plasma.

Last edited:
You're still trying to produce an entire level pack?!? Good gawd...

Well, might I advise you to slap together your main levels before you start on the extras?
Well, yeah, but I just wanted to get everything out there that I possibly could so I can get as much feedback as possible.

Well, yeah, but I just wanted to get everything out there that I possibly could so I can get as much feedback as possible.
Quantity doesn't matter. One good level is better than 20 awful ones. And as they are all the same, you'll get the same feedback on all of 'em.

OH MY GOD!
blahblahbal you have true faith in MH.
As I see you are a newschool here (me too) I wiil give you an advice, I'm like you, I'm begining to make maps and I cant wait to realese then, BUT I MUST WAIT, I need to learn more and get experience.
Other advice: when you finish your map (I mean 100%) search for bugs and things that you can put or delete by yourself.
One last thing, Judge your own maps like a player not a designer and think if would like to play that trash.

Well all you did is rush a bunch of really awful crap onto the forums and get told this by about everyone.

Stop and work on a single stage. Don't even THINK about a level pack. It takes several weeks to make a really solid single player stage, especially your first because you aren't going to be very good with the editor yet. If your level is smaller and has less depth than GFZ1, it's simply not worth posting on the forums at all.

Oh, and(duh) any suggestions would be EXTREMELY appreciated, as I'm at a loss for what gimmicks would be good for a plasma-type level.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

And about the name... I like it. It's innovative, at least. But when I hear "Plasma Grave", I think of an old, crashed spaceship that's leaking dangerous fuel everywhere, not actual graves filled with actual plasma.
Thanks. I might change the idea of "plasma" to "warp plasma" or "thoron radiation pools" or something.

<A>ny suggestions would be EXTREMELY appreciated, as I'm at a loss for what gimmicks would be good for a plasma-type level.

Look at other maps that center around liquid hazards... THZ is an obvious choice, and 1.09.4's Metallic Flower (I think that's right) is another good example. The best way to come up with gimmicks is to research existing levels.

Oh, and(duh) any suggestions would be EXTREMELY appreciated, as I'm at a loss for what gimmicks would be good for a plasma-type level.
See, this is my point. Creativity and spending time brainstorming is ESSENTIAL for level design. If we all had all these brilliant ideas for levels we'd use them ourselves on our own stages instead of telling you. You're going to need to come up with your OWN ideas instead of begging the forums to provide them for you.

See, this is my point. Creativity and spending time brainstorming is ESSENTIAL for level design. If we all had all these brilliant ideas for levels we'd use them ourselves on our own stages instead of telling you. You're going to need to come up with your OWN ideas instead of begging the forums to provide them for you.
Well, you see, I've already GOT an idea, it's just I'm asking if there's anything you would like to see in this level.

What I'm saying is that if there's anything I'd like to see in a level, I'd make it myself. The vast majority of people here with level design ideas would do the same, because editing SRB2 levels isn't difficult to do. The hard part is making a good, interesting level with original ideas, as that requires talent, experience and creativity.

Stop asking the forums to fill your creative void. We're simply not going to do that for you.

If you ask me, gimmicks are what also make a level. You can for the most part creat anything in srb2 with a few fofs and lindef triggers. You're going to really mine the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back