• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tropical Gaze .Wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Destiny

dealer of Retribution.
Its what the Title calls it, try it out.
Scenery not added Yet
Along with Enemies.

srb20003-1.png

srb20004.png

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/98957129/454a8129/_3__TropicalGaze.html

I always miss the spring over here:

2hi40ll.png

One question though, what is with the water room? I don't see anything there.

Also:

34864g7.png

Are the walls supposed to be like that? I can walk through them.

@ Night Angel: im not sure why the gfz texture is rendered there, and also in the huge water room im going to be working on that later, ive just been busy the past few months. The level still isnt finished, but did you find the emerald yet?

@ Ice: Long time no see buddy, well i havent been working on it all this time, just yesterday i started back doing a few things to it since a few months ago.

Sonic Destiny said:
@ Night Angel: im not sure why the gfz texture is rendered there, and also in the huge water room im going to be working on that later, ive just been busy the past few months. The level still isnt finished, but did you find the emerald yet?

Uhh, I did find a room with an emerald, but I couldn't get it.

This is really good without enemies and scenery.
I think I found most of the secrets in this level...

I found that "Orange Emerald" !

n/10 I can't really rate this without a "End sign"

@ NiteAngel: Huh? It is at the end of the room.(Did you try jumping on the teleporter pad at the beginning?)

srb2kirbyo said:
This is really good without enemies and scenery.
I think I found most of the secrets in this level...

I found that "Orange Emerald" !

n/10 I can't really rate this without a "End sign"

@ NiteAngel: Huh? It is at the end of the room.(Did you try jumping on the teleporter pad at the beginning?)
Umm wow thanks, i really appreciate the compliment. Just make sure whatever criticism you give me, or anyone else gives me is true and non-sugarcoated

It's good though terribly unfinished, I don't know where the end sign is, and the water room, leads nowhere, but to your death, which is cheap, but still a decent level.

I overall think this is worth finishing. The only problems I've found so far (other than it being unfinished) is the lighting in the secret room and the two 1-ups. I think there should only be one.

SWP (SRB2) said:
It's good though terribly unfinished, I don't know where the end sign is, and the water room, leads nowhere, but to your death, which is cheap, but still a decent level.
Quote= i have not finished the level yet. Lol

Eblo the Hedgehog said:
I overall think this is worth finishing. The only problems I've found so far (other than it being unfinished) is the lighting in the secret room and the two 1-ups. I think there should only be one.

Ill take care of the lighting soon, ill make everything bright.

I like your sense of scale. Everything feels about right; there's enough room to move, but not too much to become a problem. I also liked that you thought about the small things when you made the waterfall in the first room an alternate route.

On a technical note, have you considered using tangible, invisible FOFs to make your fences effective?

BlueZero4 said:
I like your sense of scale. Everything feels about right; there's enough room to move, but not too much to become a problem. I also liked that you thought about the small things when you made the waterfall in the first room an alternate route.

On a technical note, have you considered using tangible, invisible FOFs to make your fences effective?
I thought about using a tangible FOF but i figured if i did that i may have to retag all the water fofs and do a whole bunch of other things, unless theres another way. O_O?

srb2kirbyo said:

..... Sorry didn't see that. And about that dark room, I think it needs some light. It looks a little brighter in OpenGL because of the emeralds.

Sonic Destiny said:
BlueZero4 said:
I thought about using a tangible FOF but i figured if i did that i may have to retag all the water fofs and do a whole bunch of other things, unless theres another way. O_O?
You won't have to edit any of your old tags. Just create a new tag that has both the water and the FOF pointing to it.

NiteAngel said:
I found a Redwall in OpenGL mode:

<Picture>
Don't you mean Redfloor?
Anyway, lemme rate and give some pictures.

The beggining zone had some(but few)secrets. I actually found both 1-ups. 1-ups should be placed very, but very hidden or hard to reach. The more 1-ups, the harder it has to be to get there. You didn't make it neither harder nor extremely hidden.
Lets move on. It's actually nice that you put the way to get to the Emerald room a bit hidden. It's hard to notice there's something behind it.
The second part was OK. The spring-to-spring idea was very well done, even if you have to slow down a bit to hit the final spring. Aslo:
srb20006-4.png

Add a spring there.
The Emerald room was way too dark. The pit on the bridge is no death pit and has no exit. The only way to die there is to drown. Aslo, if you hit the exit's ceiling, you still go back to the normal level. And look at this:
srb20005-4.png

Looks like you forgot to darken that.
Overall:NA/10. I don't put overalls to SP levels without a goal.

NiteAngel said:
I found a Redwall in OpenGL mode:

2mecsh3.png
Its funny because i kept trying to correct that and nothing would work, tried to alter the FOF, tried to alter the sector, and still nothing. The Redwall keeps being rendered.

Sonic Destiny said:
Its funny because i kept trying to correct that and nothing would work, tried to alter the FOF, tried to alter the sector, and still nothing. The Redwall keeps being rendered.

Did you check for the missing textures? If it's not missing, it's probably my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back