• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Raidiant Hill - Version 2 (Incomplete, obviously) (56k!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

My name is not a troll
Right.

Raidiant Hill V2. Springs are back, but I tested it exhastively. Seriously. (I tested this in SRB2Better2D by Torgo, which is effecitvely 1.1 2D mode. Future Compatability!)

All that's in the wad is the first level. It's pretty short, and like I said, I'm still going to add to it. But it has an exit sector.

Go nuts.

(And yes, I know the water isnt a deathpit yet. Please dont point that one out.)

Download: Click
Alternate Download: Click

Screenshots
srb20002.png

srb20000.png

srb20001u.png

srb20003.png

srb20004.png

srb20005.png

Someone said:
(I tested this in SRB2Better2D by Torgo, made to mimic 1.1 - Your results may vary in Vanilla SRB2)

Technically that statement isn't correct. It is in 1.1, but because Mystic (or SSNtails, I don't remember) liked the changes I made in 2d mode back when it was a SRB2Fun test only. SSNtails asked for the code, and he made some improvements, which you see in it now.

The most prominent problem I see here is that there's no springs in the water to help the player out of the pit.

Also, I was unable to jump onto the bouncy block while using 1.09.4. I don't know if that happens in any other EXE mods, but it makes the level unplayable in 1.09.4.

1: Thats beacuse it isnt designed for 1.09.4, it's designed for SRB2Better2D
2: That is going to become a death pit, I just havent tagged it yet.

OK, by doing NOCLIP so I could get through without the 1.09.4 breakage of compatibility, i.e., Bouncy FOF, what you have is still very bland and boring.

I'm not updating the link for a spelling correction. I have done that though, so be quiet about it already :<

Someone said:
Okay, I accept that. How do you believe I could improve it?

Needs more gimmicks and challenges. Put some epic background detail. 2D levels, I find, are the easiest levels to make look cool, especially because SRB2's 2D mode is awesome-looking to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back