SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2018   #3501
Trolo Bobo
Get "N" or get out!

Here is the second cartoon short I have ever completed, released just recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhNFOvN6YSw

It's not really funny or anything, it's more of an experiment for me to work on my animation and direction skills.

It is done in the style of the classic cartoons of the 1940s, completely animated on paper on one of those big animation disks. The backgrounds are also painted, with minor edits done digitally. Any constructive criticism/ suggestions are welcomed, and would greatly help me!
Old 04-19-2018   #3502
Tokyo

Tokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018   #3503
fevermario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolo Bobo View Post
Here is the second cartoon short I have ever completed, released just recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhNFOvN6YSw

It's not really funny or anything, it's more of an experiment for me to work on my animation and direction skills.

It is done in the style of the classic cartoons of the 1940s, completely animated on paper on one of those big animation disks. The backgrounds are also painted, with minor edits done digitally. Any constructive criticism/ suggestions are welcomed, and would greatly help me!
It's clear that a lot of time and effort went into this, you have the drawing style and musical scoring more or less down pat, and I really liked some of the reactions and expressions you drew, some of them really did feel like something out of an old Tex Avery, and Tom and Jerry cartoon of the period.

However, your pacing could use some work and in some parts the animation seemed rather stiff and wonky.

Incidentally, this is just a minor, and extremely petty nitpick that didn't detract from my enjoyment in any major way but, the sound effects you used seemed more appropriate for a tv cartoon made in the 60s or 70s.

I may edit this post in the future to elaborate in further detail, partially because classic animation is a subject I am very passionate about, and partially because at the time I am posting this it is 3:00 in the morning and I'm not all here.

Last edited by fevermario; 04-20-2018 at 08:59 AM.
fevermario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018   #3504
I'll Begin
💪🐑

I'll Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018   #3505
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Adorable drillhair and mage!

hubjim

Last edited by Boinciel; 04-27-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018   #3506
Ultimate
a scar in time...

I finally got a real camera! Here's a few pictures I took at a nearby park.

Last edited by Ultimate; 05-04-2018 at 01:20 AM.
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018   #3507
smoothmoon77

i tried out something ''cuter'' and it went out like this (yes she's best girl)
https://smoothmoon77.deviantart.com/...chan-742576072
smoothmoon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018   #3508
Shiron

I'm actually amazed at those photos Ultimate. are you a professional photographer or something?
Shiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018   #3509
Ultimate
a scar in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiron View Post
I'm actually amazed at those photos Ultimate. are you a professional photographer or something?
Thank you, Shiron! And, nope, not a pro...although it would be neat if my photos are good enough to sell. My main hobby is music. I've always loved photography, and took pictures all the time with my phone, but I didn't have a real camera until a few days ago...I've gone a little crazy and have been taking tons of photos. Here's some more from the other day...I went to an old forest in Japan, called Ishiharagatake. It was used by the military as a training grounds, but has since been turned into a forest park. It has a really beautiful and mysterious atmosphere. I hope you guys like the pictures!

This is one of the first things you see as you enter the park. If you go up the stairs, there are a few paths that lead to the bunkers.

Rough and colored texture on a tree in Ishiharagatake Park, in Saikai, Japan. The trees have a really neat texture for this area. They're very different than any of the trees just a few minutes away.

A giant snail shell that I saw clinging to a tree. It was about the size of the palm of my hand!

A gazebo, as seen from below. So many different kinds of trees and plantlife! It's so beautiful here!

I think this is one of the bunker areas, but I'm not sure that you can enter this one. There are quite a few in a different area that you can go inside...but I'm not sure that I would want to...

A random stump at the entrance to the park. It's there to prevent people from driving through.

The entrance from a slightly different angle.

A wasp I saw chewing on an old wooden plank.

The gazebo from the earlier picture.

Last edited by Ultimate; 05-07-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2018   #3510
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Those are really great shots, Ultimate! Damn, you make me want to visit Japan even more, now.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018   #3511
Ultimate
a scar in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
Those are really great shots, Ultimate! Damn, you make me want to visit Japan even more, now.
You absolutely should! It's even more incredible than I imagined...and if possible I highly recommend going to both the city and the countryside. If you ever plan a trip here and need help getting around or anything, let me know! Also, Boinciel might be able to help you out as well!
Old 05-15-2018   #3512
smoothmoon77

tried my hand at spriting
https://imgur.com/a/vQ4KDeF
smoothmoon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3513
GuyWithThePie
Meowth That's Right!

Huh, didn't know this thread still existed. Must've mistaken it for a much older one. Well, I have a LOT to show you guys, but I'll start off with something I just got finished drawing.

Here's some redraws of a few frames of SRB2's opening. I know someone's probably painstakingly drawing each frame of the new opening to reflect on all the cosmetic and storyline changes made in 2.2, but I figured I might as well practice imitating SSN's art style. Not very good at making backgrounds and I wanted to focus more on the characters themselves, so I just lazily edited out the original drawings.

I always felt like this frame could be a bit more "dynamic", so now Sonic's striking a pose. Took some inspiration from Sonic CD's ending.

Sonic's nap being interrupted. Took some inspiration from Sonic X.
GuyWithThePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3514
gregory_house
ʇxǝʇ pǝddᴉlɟ ɹɐoɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ʍoN

Here's some photos taken this weekend at an event me and a friend went to, here in Verona. It was focused mainly on comics but also open to movie/videogames culture, along with a stage where a cosplay contest was held.
As you may guess by looking at the post that's where the pictures come from, a selection of some of the best entries.

Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn) - EF 100-300 f/4.5-5.6 USM - 180mm cropped, f/5.6, 1/200, ISO 200

Uriel (Darksiders) - EF 100-300 f/4.5-5.6 USM - 145mm cropped, f/5, 1/160, ISO 200

Original Performance - EF 100-300 f/4.5-5.6 USM - 100mm, f/5.6, 1/200, ISO 200

Star Guardian Janna (League of Legends) - EF 100-300 f/4.5-5.6 USM - 155mm, f/5, 1/200, ISO 200

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) off-stage, lightsaber training?? - EF 100-300 f/4.5-5.6 USM - 180mm cropped, f/5.6, 1/320, ISO 200
Old 3 Days Ago   #3515
Ultimate
a scar in time...

Some cats I've encountered in Japan.