Status
Not open for further replies.

Yacker

Metallic
Software:
5jd1FP9.png

OpenGL:
VFHUGVU.png

I noticed that too, I thought it was because I messed up something in the control sector.

Slopes do the same thing, I believe. It might just be less work to change how it works in Software for the next version, considering how the linedef's base functionality has been revamped already, breaking backwards compatibility and allowing for us to do that.

I think those actually ARE sloped floors/ ceilings (second screenshot seems to suggest they're sloped), from what I remembered flat plane flat rotation was fine?

Last edited:
Yes, the ceiling is sloped, but you can see the issues also occur on the FOFs the player is standing on.

Yup, just went digging in the code. Flat rotations in software and rotations in OpenGL go the opposite directions! :V There's also some weird bugs about offsets on slopes at small angles in software.

srb20015.png

Here, have a scrawled-on picture of me trying to figure out what's going wrong with software slope flat alignment with a few fixes on the internal codebase that I'll port back when I can! Ignore how Sonic is semi-sayian, that's an unrelated asset-based bug.

Interesting, does that mean that OpenGL users have potentially played weird-looking maps that actually were designed perfectly soundly?

You'd think all the messages about being unsupported would tell people that maybe, just MAYBE, it's buggy as hell and will produce visual glitches.

Someone who can actually fix everything/rewrite it.

Also the fact that software may not run on certain computers (citation needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back