• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Zone, with more GHZ stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even then, only if you dump the ROM yourself. Any distributed over a network are illegal, regardless of ownership.

Dark Warrior said:
Even then, only if you dump the ROM yourself. Any distributed over a network are illegal, regardless of ownership.
Unless the ROMs are original material never released on the commercial market. Then it's okay.

Aww man, GemEarthBrandon is going to kill you if he sees that Marble Zone Image.

Why don't you make the lava fall and rise with a FOF block on it like in act 2?

This could be better if there were swinging FOF's were possible.

Kill me? Why? Is he making his own version of Marble Zone too??

Besides, it's only a test level. Apparantly I've also made a Lava Reef Zone, Act 1 test level as well.

This topic is about Green Hill Zone, not Marble Zone or Lava Reef Zone... and to keep us ontopic... All I have to say is that I haven't worked on this for a while now, since I've still got no idea what I want to put in the next parts...

That marble zone test wad looks good MI.
Also will you be putting all of the robots from GHZ into this wad?

Yes, except the robo-piranha, since you can't modify it's jump height in any sort of way. Speaking of which, I haven't heard from Bobbla in a while... I'm wondering how far he got with those Motobug sprites...

Aw man, this looks like it's going to be like my level...except better T-T
Now mine will become obsolete T-T

Also, when you are done with this, I would love to use your sprites, etc. in my level if you would allow me :3

Grrr....I'm just scared to see how well your GHZ will turn out xD
Also, are you modeling it after the original, or are you creating a whole new level design under the GHZ theme?

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12332

It's mostly going to be a new design, with some similarity to the original. I've just played Sonic 1 to help me get some ideas for what I could put in the next parts of my GHZ, as well as Sonic 2 and Sonic 3. Despite this, I still haven't made any new progress to it yet.

And yes, you can use my sprites and textures/flats in your level when it's finished, Ultimate...

And I'm still waiting for a reply from Bobbla - I still don't know how far he is with those motobug sprites, and I need them for my GHZ.

Bump + Double post.

I haven't worked on this for a while now, but I felt I wanted to post some more screens.

Here they are:
srb20122.png

New part of GHZ here, just after the bridge with the SDURFs. There are 2 routes you can take...
srb20123.png

...You can either go under the big platform to enter a cave...
srb20124.png

...Or you can go on top of the big platform...
srb20125.png

Here is a ramp, with spikes on the top...
srb20126.png

...And after it is the first checkpoint!
srb20127.png

I've also decided to round off the corners of the platforms, after seeing SA2's Green Hill Zone. I'm not sure whether to keep them like this or not, though...

I thought you was going to change the stupid dumb unnamed robo fish sprites to the sonic 1 robo fish sprites or haven't you managed to do that yet =S.

Also I like the GHZ features added at the moment.

I'm not replacing the SDURFs sprites with the Sonic 1 Robo Fish sprites, as I'd rather make a custom thing that has them, which currently ends up not allowing it's jump height to be changed, since the ability to change the jump height is hardcoded in 1.09.4(a).

This is looking a lot like, and a lot less like, GHZ. Although, that's only because I haven't played Sonic 1 in more than a while. If you know how to change viewpoints, that would be good, because there is a point in the level were you go into a "spin tube," and, even in SA2(B), the view goes into a "2-D" view. If you could do this, it would bge cool. However, if this were to be converted to a 1.1 level, you cvould simply change the mode from 3-D to 2-D in real-time. But aside from "seeing into the future," This is getting a lot of good progress on this. Keep it up, monster! :)

Just search for "linedef type 63" on google, and click the cached button underneath the link. It will show you a previously saved page from the wiki.

As for this level, I'd say that it's coming along nicely. But from those pictures further up this page, I'd say it looks a bit flat in places. It would look nice if you had some higher ledges on the sides running along the side of the path there, or some sort of change in elevation. It all looks *really* spread out, but maybe that's just the positions you took the shots in...probably just my imagination.

EDIT:I'm also curious, how do you plan to handle that ramp in the 4th shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back