Stop sopa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sad to inform you that Facebook came before Twitter.

Also, Facebook has private chat, Twitter doesn't.

I am sad to inform you that Facebook came before Twitter.
Welp, that's disappointing.

Iceman404 said:
and lol, "shitty" games.
Most Facebook games I've seen are pretty much like Spiral Knights, except slightly worse: In Spiral Knights you can continue to play so long as you have enough Crowns (the game's currency) to buy Crystal Energy. In most Facebook games -correct me if I'm wrong- you gotta use your money to buy more lives/stamina.

Welp, that's disappointing.

Most Facebook games I've seen are pretty much like Spiral Knights, except slightly worse: In Spiral Knights you can continue to play so long as you have enough Crowns (the game's currency) to buy Crystal Energy. In most Facebook games -correct me if I'm wrong- you gotta use your money to buy more lives/stamina.

Sims Social recharges stamina over time much like Spiral Knights but also allows items to add towards it. Likewise if you keep your Sim active and gain XP, you don't really need to worry about loosing stamina as frequently, but higher levels make it harder. Then again these aren't games to play and grind frequently like other F2P games out there. If you want more out of the experience, you have the decision to pay for points to get more stuff or gear. If not, you just play normally and come back to it later. . . I will say most of Facebook's games aren't as interesting or too retro for most people's tastes, but that doesn't mean ALL of them are horrible. Cafe, City, and Farmville are good tycoon games in their own right and aren't as dependent on the shop.

Monster Galaxy serves as a nice Pokemon Clone and the Star seeds ((Or whatever they're called. Just this game's poke ball clone as well)) are more plentiful than it's previous launch. I will say other games aren't as fair in their shops or games, but I won't say they're "shit" by any means. Hell I still play freaking Cafe World when I'm not preoccupied with Minecraft or SD Gundam online, but only on occasions since I can just make quick dishes to start up the customer traffic again.

I hope that ACTA is taken down. I'm sick of stupid policys that want to control the Internet.The ACTA can't win.

The european parliament can't acept that law.

I hope that ACTA is taken down. I'm sick of stupid policys that want to control the Internet.The ACTA can't win.

The european parliament can't acept that law.

Unfortunately according to autosavers linked picture (Can't quote it if it's not on the same page because I'm using my 3DS) there's not a lot of time left between now and the final signing of ACTA, and they don't have an organized opposition against them either, so I don't think theres too much hope in stopping it... unless we do something now. If we rise up to this quickly, then it may temporarily fall. I don't know if that's our only hope. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I've actually made my mii look depressed in response. Just so you know

Last edited:
...that's like protesting by making your generic sonic recolor fancharacter (if you have one) frown instead of smile.

Seriously, it just sounds pointless.

So it is... I've only just realized what I was posting was idiotic- but the first half of my post is still valid!

Speaking of website takedown, Megaupload - one of the world's largest file-sharing sites has been shut down.

Imagine SOPA passing and website shutdown being a common occurrence.

I was wondering what was going on. I was downloading a wad of mine to edit and when I pressed enter after entering Megaupload's url adress, I got the a government notice saying it's taken down. My reaction was this:
tumblr_ltjrwmqBH61qmzfm7.jpg

The world is witnessing the largest offline protest against copyright legislation today. Massive demonstrations against the draconian anti-piracy treaty ACTA are spanning four continents, with protests in more than 200 European cities alone. Hundreds of thousands of people are taking to the streets to prevent their countries and the European Parliament from putting the free Internet at risk by ratifying ACTA,

Last month the European Union officially signed the controversial “anti-piracy” trade agreement ACTA.

The EU followed in the footsteps of Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore and the United States, who already signed it last October. This brings ACTA a step closer to passing, but individual EU member states and the European Parliament still have to ratify the treaty later this year.

To prevent this from happening, hundreds of thousands of people across the world are taking to the streets today, and millions more are expected to do their part online. In Europe demonstrations are being held in more than 200 cities, the largest in Sofia, Bulgaria, with more than 50,000 participants.

These staggering numbers amount to the greatest offline protest against any type of copyright legislation, ever.
Although ACTA has been discussed for four years already, it is only recently that the public got involved on such a broad scale. In part, the increased attention for ACTA has been sparked by the historic SOPA/PIPA protest last month, where Wikipedia, Reddit and many others blacked out their websites.

Thus far the anti-ACTA protests, which started in Poland a few weeks ago, haven’t been without result.

Several countries that were intended to ratify the treaty, have put their decision on hold. Poland was the first to cave in, followed by Slovakia, Czech Republic, Latvia, and yesterday Europe’s largest economy Germany backpedaled as well.

Within the European Parliament, whose members will vote on the ratification ACTA later this year, there is also a healthy resistance. In a guest article for TorrentFreak, parliament member Marietje Schaake urged fellow politicians to not let copyright law repress innovation.

“ACTA must not be passed. Let’s focus on reform to allow for the opportunities of the internet to bloom, instead of allowing outdated business models to limit the free market, and to criminalize audiences,” she wrote.

Today’s demonstrations (videos) show that there’s a massive opposition against ACTA, and that hundreds of thousands of people are willing to take to the streets to defend a free and open Internet.

Those who want to take action against ACTA but can’t join one of the demonstrations, can write their representatives through the Kill ACTA site.
https://torrentfreak.com/massive-street-protests-wage-war-on-acta-anti-piracy-treaty-120211/

acta-europe.jpg

Wow, look at all those protests across Europe.

Well, I think it's time I put my two-cents in.

I, myself, am born in, as well as native to, Canada. The thing is, I've found out that ACTA has already been in effect over Canada for the past few months, as well as multiple other countries as well.

Of course, I commonly use the internet, just like many of you. I've never been called up by any sort of government agency saying that I'm fined for doing something over the internet or anything. I haven't been put in jail or blacklisted from anywhere or any website. Everything felt perfectly normal. I uploaded a wad to play with friends that I made to a website (It's private,please don't ask.. yet.) And nothing has happened to me. I'm fine, I'm playing SRB2, I'm making wads, chatting with friends, just like anyone would normally do!

So.. Something inside me is saying that ACTA is quite a bit over-exaggerated. But I don't know for sure. It's why I decided to share my piece of the pie and see what you all think of it.

Well, I think it's time I put my two-cents in.

I, myself, am born in, as well as native to, Canada. The thing is, I've found out that ACTA has already been in effect over Canada for the past few months, as well as multiple other countries as well.

Of course, I commonly use the internet, just like many of you. I've never been called up by any sort of government agency saying that I'm fined for doing something over the internet or anything. I haven't been put in jail or blacklisted from anywhere or any website. Everything felt perfectly normal. I uploaded a wad to play with friends that I made to a website (It's private,please don't ask.. yet.) And nothing has happened to me. I'm fine, I'm playing SRB2, I'm making wads, chatting with friends, just like anyone would normally do!

So.. Something inside me is saying that ACTA is quite a bit over-exaggerated. But I don't know for sure. It's why I decided to share my piece of the pie and see what you all think of it.

Uploading a WAD isn't piracy...

You'll know when ACTA takes hold, sites will be forcibly blocked.

Uploading a WAD isn't piracy...

You'll know when ACTA takes hold, sites will be forcibly blocked.

Which sites would those be? Facebook is a fun website, I know that for sure, but I could honestly live my life without Facebook. I rarely even visit it anyway. The upload websites have been getting shut down because they do open a big portal for malware, piracy, and ect. as well. The main problem is the lack of administration with this. SRB2.org however moderates stuff like what's uploaded on the website. I'd imagine The Pirate Bay will get blocked by ACTA too.

But please tell me.. What kind of sites will be blocked? While I do this, I'll do more research.

Just for reference, I'm not for or against SOPA right now. But what I've heard from others, it sounds controlling. I want to get deep into the matters of SOPA, and find out entirely what it's about without any other view.

But please tell me.. What kind of sites will be blocked?

- Youtube
- Any kind of unofficial community website base on copyrighted characters (this website, the Sonic Stadium, Sonic Retro, etc.)
- TASvideos
- Deviantart
- Dailymotion
- Tumblr
- Facebook
- Twitter
- Wikipedia
- Newgrounds
- And more...

Seriously, pretty much every video streaming website and anything that includes copyrighted content without direct permission will be taken down. That's why SOPA, ACTA, and PIPA are such a big deal. It allows the government to control a majority of the internet, and a LOT of popular websites will be taken down as a result.

Just for reference, I'm not for or against SOPA right now. But what I've heard from others, it sounds controlling.

It IS controlling, the entire concept is completely unconstitutional and needs to be stopped.

Last edited:
^ Heh, sounds like my schools internet blocker.. Just me, it's hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back