Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not like those levels are going to be a two to three minute levels either, I expect them to be quite long and challanging.

light dasher said:
A mutant Gametype you mean? with a bottem feeder?
and the chaos mode to return!...or is it already returning =D
JetTheHawk said:
Chaos has been suggested but we're not sure about it returning.

Ironic isn't it that it was removed due to lack of interest and now people are really interested?
OK, I understand Chaos mode sounds cool, and even I asked for it back, but seriously, I'm getting tired, STJr said several times that it will never return. What about adding it to the list of things you can't request?

And those who are now requesting for the Chaos mode are people who didn't play SRB2 back when it was available yet. That's why they're now interested in, because they aren't the same.

Sik said:
And those who are now requesting for the Chaos mode are people who didn't play SRB2 back when it was available yet. That's why they're now interested in, because they aren't the same.
I had 1.08 when it was out. I still want Chaos mode. :/

JetTheHawk said:
How about non-OGL shadows?
Didn't you once say you were messing around with that, SSNTails? Also, Jet. Just so you know, he's not putting in the OpenGL shadows.

Jazz said:
This suggestion stems from my current addiction to Team Fortress 2's teamplay and my desire for SRB2's multiplayer modes to become more comparable in that fashion. Its difficult to communicate with your team via typing and shoot opponents or capture the flag at the same time.
BIND PGDN SAY "SPY! SPY!"

I'll Begin said:
Full motion video?
It would be great if used properly (like most stuff), but would it be used properly? First of all, we already have WADs becoming huge with MP3s and OGGs, imagine WADs with videos. Also, a lot of n00bs would start including a lot of videos just because it may be cool, and for sure they'll be large. As well as expect a lot of people saying "CAN U MAEK A VIDEO FOR MAH?".

Do you think that one would be a good idea? I don't think so.

Triangle Trumper said:
Unlockable charaters e.g. Shadow, Amy, and Espio.

EDIT: And cutscenes.
Those aren't allowed to be suggested.

Also, if you want a game with Shadow in it, go play a fangame that's based off games of that era. This one's based off the original trilogy on the Sega Genesis, where the only characters were Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Dr Eggman. (Amy too, but she was Sonic CD anyway. And I can tell you didn't mean THAT Amy.)

STJr claimed lots of times that only Sonic, Tails and Knuckles will be in the final game, so it's sorta kind of stupid to ask for them. Use the already existant add-ons for using them :P

Monster Iestyn said:
Why not make the flats on a polyobject scroll in the same direction and speed as the polyobject, so that the flat textures look more like they're part of the polyobject when it's moving?
That only works if the polyobject is just translating. If it rotates, gets scaled or whatever, it simply can't be done. Unless doing a huge and complex update to the raycasting engine, which may delay 1.1 a lot more than you would expect.

Kaysakado said:
@Sik: The plolyobjects are FOFs with moving vertices, right? If so, it might work. Crossed linedefs are buggy, but a few things work right, IIRC.
To get into the death pit, the mine cart would have to cross linedefs :P And still, that isn't the only problem. Linedef properties never change. So let's say you change the vertices so the polyobject is in another sector. No linedef crossing. Still won't work. Why? Because linedefs still have one of the sidedefs set to be facing the old sector it was on. You get the idea.

People, seriously, polyobjects not only aren't magic but are very dangerous as you have to be very careful to retain the data the way it is and don't cause the engine to do the wrong thing (in the worst case, say hello to "sigsev"). So it should be only used by experts, and people who knows the limitations implied in SRB2's raycasting engine.

Double post:
The Dark Fox said:
The Emerald Token idea isn't very classic. We should have the Starposts as gateways to Special Stages, and LampPosts can be the generic checkpoint. The Emerald Tokens can be replaced with Super Emeralds, with at least one in each Act, and they are very hard to find.
The problem here is that when you return, everything must be in the proper state, and that isn't very easy to achieve. In the best case, Sonic 1-like Special Stage entrances (the big rings at the end) may do, otherwise sorry, but no :/

Starposts like we have now when you have some certain amount of rings(Sonic 3 and knuckles)sparkles come out and the rings you have depends where you go when you jump into it.

Autosaver said:
Starposts like we have now when you have some certain amount of rings(Sonic 3 and knuckles)sparkles come out and the rings you have depends where you go when you jump into it.

I can't see that being possible in a multiplayer scenario, which is a big reason why we do what we do now.

Sik said:
Kaysakado said:
@Sik: The plolyobjects are FOFs with moving vertices, right? If so, it might work. Crossed linedefs are buggy, but a few things work right, IIRC.
To get into the death pit, the mine cart would have to cross linedefs :P And still, that isn't the only problem. Linedef properties never change. So let's say you change the vertices so the polyobject is in another sector. No linedef crossing. Still won't work. Why? Because linedefs still have one of the sidedefs set to be facing the old sector it was on. You get the idea.

So horizontally opening doors aren't possible? What a shame...

The polyobject would have to do some linedef crossing in order to be used as a horizontally opening door. That's why I now know it's not possible.

Monster Iestyn said:
So horizontally opening doors aren't possible? What a shame...

The polyobject would have to do some linedef crossing in order to be used as a horizontally opening door. That's why I now know it's not possible.
No, that's perfectly possible, just shrink the door sector. You can't see what's inside the wall :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back