‚=Yellow
¼=start symbol

note: for NAME you can only use the symbols for orange, green and blue

step 2: make a script file with your name and/or servername

example:

name "¼‡JJK „the ‡Assassin¼"
servername "†Assasins ‚Creed †Server"

save it as filename.txt in your srb2 folder

note: you can replace the ¼ symbol at the end with another symbol to color your chat

step 3:
start srb2

step 4:
open console

step 5:
type:
exec filename.txt

step 6:
youre done!!!

Last edited:
This will not end well at all. I can see it now; NameSpam will be the latest thing, I just know it.

This will not end well at all. I can see it now; NameSpam will be the latest thing, I just know it.

It's already spreading around and most people on the MS know how to use colored text. Though, most servers c-kick players if they try to use a colored name/text. I will say I am guilty for using colors in my server name... I originally had it planned so that I can use it to point out my actual server and to prevent other people from copying my server name and such. I tried using a color name in other servers and I usually get c-kicked. So, I don't bother with the names...

Other than that, I believe there were similar threads before that already discussed this before... Just don't go crying to others when people start kicking/banning you from their servers because you are using colored names and text.

It's already spreading around and most people on the MS know how to use colored text. Though, most servers c-kick players if they try to use a colored name/text. I will say I am guilty for using colors in my server name... I originally had it planned so that I can use it to point out my actual server and to prevent other people from copying my server name and such. I tried using a color name in other servers and I usually get c-kicked. So, I don't bother with the names...

Other than that, I believe there were similar threads before that already discussed this before... Just don't go crying to others when people start kicking/banning you from their servers because you are using colored names and text.

Any server that hosted on windows vista, Players who join that server will get c-kick because the host that got windows vista, can't do color nane.

The only reason colored player names even exist is because some operating systems apparently disagree as to whether ASCII characters 128 and above should be marked as printable or not. Don't get too attached to them, 2.1 won't let you use them anymore.

As for colored server names, this has been intentional from the start. In fact, if you were paying close attention, some functionality was actually added somewhere along the way that allowed colored server names to display properly in game.

犬夜叉;710580 said:
The only reason colored player names even exist is because some operating systems apparently disagree as to whether ASCII characters 128 and above should be marked as printable or not. Don't get too attached to them, 2.1 won't let you use them anymore.

As for colored server names, this has been intentional from the start. In fact, if you were paying close attention, some functionality was actually added somewhere along the way that allowed colored server names to display properly in game.

No more colored names in 2.1? Oh my god, I've been waiting for this day for 2 years. Finally servers will be color name-free.

Just a little question though. Some hosts have found a way to kick/ban players with color words or letters. Will that also be removed?

I hope 2.1 will never be released...

...REALLY?

Whether you like it or not, 2.1 IS going to be released. CEZ is nearing its completion IIRC, so there's no hope for you my friend.

Seriously though, it's just colored text. Not only does it NOT make your name look special at all, it's just a complete nuisance. It makes netgaming a lot more distracting than fun, especially when it's abused to death. You actually prefer people spamming colored text over just normal white text? So what are you going to do once 2.1 is released?

...REALLY?

Whether you like it or not, 2.1 IS going to be released. CEZ is nearing its completion IIRC, so there's no hope for you my friend.

Seriously though, it's just colored text. Not only does it NOT make your name look special at all, it's just a complete nuisance. It makes netgaming a lot more distracting than fun, especially when it's abused to death. You actually prefer people spamming colored text over just normal white text? So what are you going to do once 2.1 is released?
I would have no choice but to hack it.

So you're saying an entire game isn't fun to you at all just because a tiny little useless feature isn't there?
Well, it's actually fun a bit, but without colors... It becomes pretty boring... (Especially because i can't beat anyone at any gametypes.) And colors are something that can substitute this for me.

Well, it's actually fun a bit, but without colors... It becomes pretty boring... (Especially because i can't beat anyone at any gametypes.) And colors are something that can substitute this for me.
Colors aren't necessary in SRB2, because they are used mostly just for showing off. All people were newbies sometime, but i doubt many of them knew about colored text back then. (I'm referring to 1.09.) And yet most of them didn't give up, and trained to become better. To be good at gametypes, you need to stop worrying about such things and practice more. Then, when you get better, i'm sure this game will be fun for you even without colored name and text.

Well, it's actually fun a bit, but without colors... It becomes pretty boring...

How does the mere lack of colored text make netgaming less fun? It has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself and it's just a small feature that will get removed from the game. Your posts are starting the make less sense now. Could you PLEASE explain how removing colored text will make the game less fun than it is now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back