OLD scr_cannoncore_v07 [56k killer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MITH

THE OLD v0.7

It's unfinished, that was my first wad and I really get lost at Knuckles part (lots of FOF, water, lazerz and stuff).

For those who wants it:

*DELETED*

Fixed version with end sector here: Download

You can edit this as much as you want, I want to do this map again from the start in a few weeks (I pay 1 month of PSU).

Screenshots:

srb1nn0.jpg

cannoncore3pc9.jpg

cannoncore4mg6.jpg

cannoncore5dq8.jpg

cannoncore6sk8.jpg

cannoncore7hl8.jpg

cannoncore8qd0.jpg

cannoncore10kz7.jpg

cannoncore11oa2.jpg

PSU is good, plus I already pay it.

And I'm not going to continue this, I'm going to do the whole thing again.

You're talking about Phantasy Star Universe, right? Unless you're talking about a college, or something.

Still, here's looking forwards to your next map!

This map is good. i didn't see any problems with textures or anything like that and i really like it, good job.
If i were you, i'd add the sonic part of the level then release it.
personally, i don't think you need to redo the level because it's very good.
EDIT: Also add a end sector

Objection!

There was some faults with the map, such as the ever-so-annoying camera changing throughout the level. I know you haven't finished it yet, but I couldn't get past the part that has lasers guarding the door.

I also opened the wad in Doombuilder, to see how it worked, and I found an unclosed sector!

?_?

But generally it's a fairly good map, but it would be a good idea to redo it, yes...

EDIT: And there were some missing textures too.

DDMMCC said:
This map is good. i didn't see any problems with textures or anything like that and i really like it, good job.
If i were you, i'd add the sonic part of the level then release it.
personally, i don't think you need to redo the level because it's very good.
EDIT: Also add a end sector

I didn't really like the result, so I'm making it again, let's be honest, those textures sucks, as a result the map was a little flat, plus the rooms were so small, and randomly up and down lasers are not going to help...

This morning I download the SRB2 Doom builder again and, after a few WTF is this? I don't remember how this works!!, this is what I get:

THE START

BEFORE
oldcc1um4.jpg

AFTER
newcc1vh7.jpg

Say Hi to the new doors

BEFORE
oldcc2bk0.jpg

AFTER
newcc2al3.jpg

Kill the stupid crawla to open the door

BEFORE (lol that door is already open)
oldcc3sz1.jpg

AFTER
newcc3av7.jpg

So... what do you think guys? better or not? Rooms are a bit bigger and its less flat, hope you like it.

PS: All screenshot taken in OpenGL, may look worse in Software mode.

Woah that looks much better. I never realised how much the old one looks like Lost Colony rather than Cannon's Core.

If I may suggest something. How about fake floors to have those glass floors and walls like in SA2?

Fake floors? I'm using translucent FOFs.

I thought Fake floors are used to make snow and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back