the KB is 2 high

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been wanting to have a picture on top of my user name but all my picture have more than Kbs than the Max. Kbs. Do any one know how to lower Kbs :oops: :?

Change the size, convert it to a different filetype. JPEGs are the most compressed (and most editors give you a bar to compress them more) but have terrible quality.

Also, I have this feeling that you think "convert" means "rename the filetype". Don't do that. Open it in some program and save it as a jpeg.

Yeah, there is a very good reason. I put "10240" into the text box, and clicked the "Submit" button. Use compression and stop whining. I swear...

There's no reason a 128x128 avatar needs to be more than 10 KB, seriously. It just shows that the person with the avatar knows absolutely nothing about compression.

Shuffle said:
There's no reason a 128x128 avatar needs to be more than 10 KB, seriously. It just shows that the person with the avatar knows absolutely nothing about compression.

Yeah, but I'd like to use my blue lightning animated image...
Only 19K, too. >_<

56k'ers beg to differ. >_>
56k'ers still exist? Man, some Internet companies really need to lower their prices already, this is ridiculous.

And yes, I've always thought the day that we dropped the size limit AND image sigs at the same time was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen happen here. Ever. Nothing I can do about it but whine.

I know several people who can't get broadband. The reasons are varied, but the main two are lack of availability where they live and inability to pay for it. For some reason, broadband prices don't seem static, and some areas are VERY expensive, while others are dirt cheap. Since most of my friends are poor college students, there are quite a few who can't afford real internet access. I know I couldn't if I didn't live in my parents' basement. Yes, I agree that at this point more people have broadband than don't, but I suggest you go use the internet on dialup again just so you can recall exactly how painfully slow it really is.

I'd love to, Bigboi. However, many people like them, and while I hate the things and don't use them, I, contrary to popular opinion, am not out to ruin everyone's happiness. Hence, the god-awful things can stay.

Can we put a limit on them, then? I've seen some people go overboard with them.

Not easily. I'd rather not bother enforcing something that doesn't come up all THAT much. Honestly, the smilies, while they can be annoying, are just another thing for a n00b to make an idiot of themselves with. If you get rid of smilies, they'll just be idiotic with another thing, like Caps Lock or the <blink> tag. I generally think that people tend to use less smilies, if any at all, as they use the forums for a signficant period of time, as they drop unnecessary or idiotic usages of them. Personally, one of the main reasons I still use ^_~, and the other weird anime ASCII smilies I use is because they don't trigger automatic smiley generation on programs that do that, such as AIM. I hate graphical smilies, as I think they disrupt the text far too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back