SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, one thing I really don't like is that history section on the website. It sounds like SQ is a really big and popular mod when in reality it isn't. Just an example:

This was one of Sonic Quest Classics, and contained old levels like Rocky Coast and Imperial Factory. and a early Beta version of the boss battle for Hidden Forest. But even for its good 'ole classic levels, Gameplay for this version was highly criticized for having such badly designed levels. Which lead to the WHOLE Single Player Quest being remade later on.
To call it a "classic" really is a gross overestimation. And if the level design is bad (as you admit yourself), there's no need to call them the "good ole' classic levels". This whole section sounds like it was made just for the purpose of being there.

Many of my friends in my life and many of my friends on SRB2 really like Sonic Quest. And yes they are "classic" levels that were badly designed. I don't even see your point in your post.

*sighs*

I'm sorry, I really have to disagree here. No SRB2 stage is old enough to be called "classic" except maybe Meadow Match and Greenflower Zone, but that's _really_ pushing the definition of the word.

The relevant definitions:

1. An artist, author, or work generally considered to be of the highest rank or excellence, especially one of enduring significance.
2. A work recognized as definitive in its field.

I don't care how conceited you are, no level in your pack fits either of those definitions. For that matter, neither does ANYTHING in Mystic Realm. SRB2 itself is not a "classic" either.

"Classic" does not mean "not the current version and crappy". It means a high quality work that was definitive and still considered to be high quality years, decades, or even centuries later. The Legend of Zelda for the NES is a classic. The Sonic games for the Genesis are classics. This is not.

I think the main reason why everyone objects to your web site, forum, and chat room is that you simply do not have a decent mod here to begin with and you put all this stuff around it to make it look better than it really is. Instead of spending all sorts of time making a web site, forum, and chat room to make your mod look awesome, why not spend all that time actually improving your mod so it actually is awesome?

Alright fine. I guess I wasn't in the right place to use that word.

And it what way makes you think that I created all that stuff to make my mod look awesome? I mainly created it to give more information about the pack. Which I suppose is a bad idea too since I have a SINGLE topic for this.
---
I don't want this topic to be the only source of information for this mod. I don't care how ugly, stupid, or bad you think this pack is. I want to diversify my information on the topic. Suppose this website went down temporarily, or a hacker broke in and deleted all information on this board, THEN what? I'd have to try and remember what information I previously posted about Sonic Quest.

And this is where I draw the line.

I don't care if your an Administrator a Moderator or an Alien. lock this topic, ban me or whatever I don't really care but from now on I'm completely ignoring any post that has to do with the website, forum, or IRC channel. 'Cause I just really don't want to hear it.

I don't care if your an Administrator a Moderator or an Alien. lock this topic, ban me or whatever I don't really care but from now on I'm completely ignoring any post that has to do with the website, forum, or IRC channel. 'Cause I just really don't want to hear it.
And that is the problem. If you don't actually listen to any suggestion, you're never gonna improve anything. You don't have to DO what we suggest, but you should at least listen to us. It's not like anybody is trying to annoy or harm you.

Because everyone's just blowing the whole site thing way out of proportion?

If a mod has its own site, fine. If not, fine. Etc. If he wants to spend time on a site, again, fine. :/

I'm not saying he should actually do what some people suggest. I'm just saying that he should listen to those suggestions. Right now he's blocking everything off that has anything to do with the website. I wasn't even suggesting to remove the website, but he still didn't listen to my suggestion. He even admitted that the wording was stupid but he didn't change anything.

And no, throwing the website away would not be any waste, but that's another story.

There's plenty of places you could put all of your level design ideas/concepts/information, etc. For one, you could just put it all in text files in your computer and store it there, like I know a few people have done. You could also have a wiki page, which is what most people put their general info (including mods) on. I'd say that a website would only be necessary if you had a fairly big chunk of decent content already finished.

Ugh, Tunes 12... I can't stand the sound of it. Anyway the area is just too big and bland, the boss does nothing special, and two flowers are just that; two flowers.

...But really, you needed an entire vid just to showcase a bland open area, two flowers, and an egg capsule?

I guess you failed to notice the word "Test" huh? Nor did you even click the "more info" link.

A shame.

D00D is right, we really didn't need to see a video of that. It'd be justified if you had some more stuff to show us, but really, this is a pretty big waste of a video. Test or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back