Can I port Mystic Realm, Mystic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I first started playing SRB2 last fall, and picked up Mystic Realm shortly after clearing through 1.09.4. Enjoyed the stuffing out of it.

I highly doubt any such sentiments have dwindled.

See? Mystic Realm is an important wad for Srb2's History, It'd not be a bad idea if it was ported to 2.0 (IMO of course)

Last edited:
I was trying to join a server and i had scr_mysticrealm.wad 109.4 version and some had a diffrent scr_musticrealm.wad!

Yeah I also saw that server, it was called MYSTIC_REALM in bold. Why would they name it that way if Mystic Realm 2.0 is not released yet?

Seems BlueWarrior not the only person on the Internet who is porting Mystic Realm to 2.0:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8kEheUJpxU

...and I believe the Mystic Realm you saw added in servers is actually Mystic Realm, but I suspect it's a poorly ported MR because I doubt someone would port ~70 levels, tons of custom sprites and a huge level header so quickly.

Who Wouldn't?

There would be. Surely.

Last edited:
I would port it myself if I wasn't still working on making my own levels better and still trying to beat the game. (Yes, it is hard.) I would love to play Mystic Realm again concerning the fact that I had only gotten to Sunken Plant Zone before 2.0 came out. I wouldn't mind starting over again. For what I saw, it was amazing and, with so many levels, it would never get old.

Since I started working on the soundtrack for SRB2&K, I haven't really even looked at Mystic Realm, so that 14% on my wiki page hasn't changed a bit. I intend to finish the port some time, but how soon is anyone's guess.

For those curious, I had ported most of the graphics over, I completely ported the first quest, and I ran lvlconv on everything else. However, since I moved all maps over from Ax-Cx to Bx-Dx (so as not to override SRB1 and cause header problems) and haven't updated the MAINCFG itself, the mod is mostly unplayable in its currect state.

Sounds like It'll take sometime to port Mystic Realm Completly. Oh well..I guess we'll have to be patient ,that is, If you decide to upload it somewhere.

Seems BlueWarrior not the only person on the Internet who is porting Mystic Realm to 2.0:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8kEheUJpxU

...and I believe the Mystic Realm you saw added in servers is actually Mystic Realm, but I suspect it's a poorly ported MR because I doubt someone would port ~70 levels, tons of custom sprites and a huge level header so quickly.

There would be. Surely.

On the comments on the video. It says "All it is, is the old version added into 2.0. I get the same palm tree error as you"

So no.

I'd say that is a MR poorly ported, as I said. If you add MR into 2.0 without any port, you cannot see FOFs, water and enemies; in that video, you can actually see them (dunno if Enemy Thing Numbers have changed). At least, they used lvlconv without any graphic fix.

* Ezer'Arch has left; duties are screaming out LOUD D: *

Last edited:
I'm not convinced. Did he even bother to reset the missing/improper textures? Did he fix the broken sectors? And what about the second quest? It looks like I've got more done than him, and I haven't worked on the port in over a month!

I'm with you on this BW. He claims 89%, but I'd like to see him complete a level in his videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back