Prerendered life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prerendered is when they put items or backround into game that you can't touch but you can see. Like in rpg's when there is a house in a town but you can't go in even thou there my be a door there.

...the crap?

This is one of the weirdest questions I've ever been asked.

You mean like the original Myst and Riven games?

Like how in City Escape there are tons of buildings but you can't enter any one of them. I personally would find the cause of all this, and modify it so that I may take over the world... it would be prerendered, so all I would have to do would be hold my hand over it and wiggle it around a bit.

I would do all kinds of stuff I couldn't do in reality. Run faster then those slow-motion cars, snowboarding without snow, killing robots with kicks and stuff..... I wouldn't like running of a building though....

Eh? I think you've misinterpretated the word "pre-rendered"

Pre-rendering is often a shortcut used in earlier games to lower the amount of polygons and thus helping the framerate (it also allowed for pseduo 3D sprites on a console that wouldn't normally be able to display 3D models.) They first create a 3D model, which is then rendered as a still image, which is then converted into the correct pallete and the still image is put in the game as a sprite. Examples of pre-rendering can be seen in the Donkey kong country games, Sonic 3D blast/Flickies island and the characters and their karts in Mario kart 64.

Other major examples of pre-rendering is the backdrop of practically every PSX RPG ever and Hyrule Castle Market and the outside of the Temple of Time in OoT. It's done to keep graphics quality up with high detail, but the obvious downside is that the camera can't be moved at all...

If possible, I'd use a cheat device such as Gameshark to allow myself to use every item or enter every building. :D

Well then, in that case, I'd navigate to the end of the area until I found the device that was causing it to happen, and smash it since I couldn't modify it by wiggling my hand over it.

I'd embark on an epic quest, gathering brave warriors including, but not limited to Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Goblins, and Homestar Runner, and my party and me will ride a giant bird/reptile/snake/gerbil/flying boat. And I will get a girlfriend that casts heal spells but stinks at fighting, and also hates me but falls for me at some point. I might hate her too. Depends on if she's snobbish.

And we will fight enemies that include, but are not limited to Evil goblins, Birds, Alligators, Crocadiles, Stick figures, Evil kittens, Dinosaurs, Vegetation, and Martians.

Along the way, I will perform menial tasks for villagers including, but not limited to retrieving lost wallets/watches/handkerchiefs/keys/kittens/books/rocks/wood scraps, reuniting a modern Romeo and Juliet, and killing some difficult-to-find pest-beasts for seemingly useless but collective trickets/rare stones/garbage that can be traded with a crazy person for nice things.

And I will do minigames including, but not limited to washing dishes, racing giant birds/reptiles/snakes/gerbils, washing cars, holding off an army in an RTS style, hacking, slot machines, and card games for either gold pieces or trinkets/rare stones/garbage.

Eventually, I will fight some demon/dark angel/andriod/warlock/master swordsman/evil kitten to the death. In space. Or another dimension. And he will be mind-controlling my girlfriend/Homestar Runner at some point, and I must kill her/him for the greater good, even though I'd much rather not. Then I kill the demon/dark angel/andriod/warlock/master swordsman/evil kitten, final cinematic plays, we go to credits, extra cinematic showing me and my girlfriend (Who, against natural logic, survived) getting married, The End.

Or, I will get tired from finding all the secrets, save and go do something else.

Draykon said:
Like how in City Escape there are tons of buildings but you can't enter any one of them. I personally would find the cause of all this, and modify it so that I may take over the world... it would be prerendered, so all I would have to do would be hold my hand over it and wiggle it around a bit.
Something about that post seems so wrong...

Back on topic
I hate prerendered stuff in games :(
So many buildings in spiderman 2...
So little the amount you can enter...

Stupid lazy game programmers.

TailsDoll said:
If possible, I'd use a cheat device such as Gameshark to allow myself to use every item or enter every building. :D

Those cheat disks sometimes mess up the CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back