Bay Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the beach, I have ideas. But only on the sand , and near the sea ! If you place surrounding forests or other things "not-beach" , what I wrote don't help you.

Floors :
DCZFLR10 (Sand clear yellow), DEM1_5 (Same, but darker, more brown.)
On the other hand, I advise you to avoid QUIKNOAN. It contain a zigzag sandy brown and yellow.
Personally, I prefer the sand of one color.
In the game I made, I used this tip to decorate my forest but it may also be suitable for you beach : you can do rocks with ROCKFLR1, ROCKFLR2 and ROCKFLR4 (ROCKFLR3 is too red blood, he imitates not the rocks, I would not recommend it.)

Textures:
Sands with different floors: DCYELLW, such as sands mentioned above, sand in wall version.
To color the walls of rocks ... ROCKWLL 1, ROCKWLL2, ROCKWLL4.

For water:
You have the choice between LWATER (light blue) and BWATER (dark blue).
It's a bit stupid, but the walls of water, if you use LWATER, use LFALL. Similarly, if you use BWATER, use the wall BFALL .

Hope to have you help.

The forest?
What I can advise you:

Floor : In my level (who is more meadow than forest), I use the floors GRASS2 and GRASS3.
One is a clear grass (As GHZ ... except it's not GHZ (hehe)) but the other GRASS is a grid as in other Sonic games : of squares of green grass and dark grass .It's beautiful compared to the green grass a little old : GFZFLR (something like that.)

Otherwise, if you do not agree GF textures, you can use jungle textures.
They are located in the middle of the list of textures.
They begin by JNG. (So, in SRB2 Doom Builder, you type JNG and you've got the pretty forests textures..)

But you should watch the wad "Tortured Planet" by Fawfulfan, on the MAP01.
It is a mix of beach and forest who should help you a lot because he's very well done!

You could just create puddles of slime and sector-based hypodermic needles and stuff scattered across a landscape with normal beach texturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back