Hacker on the loose on the MS

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being on a server that got struck, I took a peek at the log and this was what hit the chat just after someone who was verified without the hosts permission was kicked.

Hazo has been kicked (Banned)
Got unknown net command [155]=125 (max 178)
Got unknown net command [155]=125 (max 181)
Got unknown net command [155]=125 (max 178)
Got unknown net command [155]=125 (max 184)

Now then, don't know what happened myself but I figured it was worth throwing out here in case some bright coder or a dev knows what it means. Also it would make sense if the guy is changing his name a reasonable amount for the sake of impersonating other people, getting them in trouble for it and keeping his own name clean.

I would say patching stuff like this could potentially be more important than patching sigsevs. I mean, what if they find out how to delete people's saves?

We are doing the best we can.

All I can say now is to wait for 2.0.4. 2.0.3 is very unstable and contains tons of security vulnerabilities. In a few days, this will all be over.

Last edited by a moderator:
This hacker, "cyan", is not me. It is Ash. sb and I figured this out very quickly. Please don't PM me blaming me just because my name contains "cyan".

Right, since I don't want this thread to dissolve into frivolous finger-pointing, I'm gunna lock it. Besides, we're dealing with this behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back