Golden ruins mod

Should this be finished?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on it, but the work is slowed down due to school.
updates to come:
Updated levels.
Emblems.
A secrets menu.
New secret levels. :wink:
And special stages.

Not really actually, these beta's are on the golden ruins irc channel (#goldenruins) so if you desperatly want one, go get it there.

Actually, he's got a virus and he's currently trying to get rid of it... He can still work on GR, exept the wad istelf is only in .bak form and I can't change it to .wad. ;-;
So, pretty much downhill...

Why, exactly, can't you save the bak file as a wad?

Also, novel idea; have you tried copying the bak's contents into a new wad file? That works just as well, you know.

Tapika the fox said:
Actually, he's got a virus and he's currently trying to get rid of it... He can still work on GR, exept the wad istelf is only in .bak form and I can't change it to .wad. ;-;

Actually, yeah you can, just save as a new WAD.

GCFreak said:
Tapika the fox said:

Actually, yeah you can, just save as a new WAD.

When I see you post....I always wanna make more then you. Remember yesterday? Now that...was 1 heck of a post rage/fight.

Well... The virus "ate" my doombuilder, i can't work further unless they're all gone.
I've deleted most of em though, so i think i can soon get back to work.

So that also means, i can't re-upload.

AVG Anti-Virus is my friend. When I used my laptop to connect to an insecure network (without SP2, mind you), I was attacked with a Backdoor Trojan. AVG found all 40 instances of them for me. Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly comprehensive about deleting them. In the Test Results, when I tried to click on Delete, it would tell me it wasn't an option. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a pro-only feature. I had to open the containing folders to sound AVG's automatic virus alarm and let me delete them, and I had to go into the Command Prompt to delete the instance that placed itself in a hidden folder. Still, if I hadn't had AVG, I would still have that infection on my laptop.

moonlander said:
Well... The virus "ate" my doombuilder, i can't work further unless they're all gone.

Are there any new things you think that might apear on Golden Ruins. Or new levels, or that kinda stuff? Although I love the music in it, and lots of parts in it, some obstacles are really cheap. Those really small paths with spikes on em for example.

Also, you shouldn't make players go to the Super Sonic level if you haven't got all emeralds. Its very hard to beat without super form. Yes, of course I'm too lazy to go back and get all emeralds!

Also, whats that secret space level, called giant fleet or something? I quess its a beta, from the looks of it, but what is it gonna be in the end? A secret level, or a whole zone?

Super mystic sonic said:
moonlander said:

Are there any new things you think that might apear on Golden Ruins. Or new levels, or that kinda stuff? Although I love the music in it, and lots of parts in it, some obstacles are really cheap. Those really small paths with spikes on em for example.

Also, you shouldn't make players go to the Super Sonic level if you haven't got all emeralds. Its very hard to beat without super form. Yes, of course I'm too lazy to go back and get all emeralds!

Also, whats that secret space level, called giant fleet or something? I quess its a beta, from the looks of it, but what is it gonna be in the end? A secret level, or a whole zone?

Yes, there are gonna be new levels, but i don't know how you canget to a level only if you have all the chaos emeralds. Giant fleet zone is gonna be a full zone by the way.

Hey Moonlander, how is the progress of your computer and your project?
This is one of my favorite wads, I hope you continue it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back