[Forum] Two separate forums for Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Dark Fox

The Sin of Wrath
One for Bugs and one for Closed Bugs. Topics obviously would not be created in Closed Bugs.
The idea is that instead of letting a swarm of bugs go in a single topic, with the devs possibly missing a few, Make a new thread for a new bug. Once a bug has been dealt with (whether fixed, addressed, or tossed as garbage), you can move it to Closed Bugs.
If a bug turns out to be pretty serious and needs more time, you can let the thread stay in Bugs so as not to be forgotten.

Idea "borrowed" from the ZDoom forums.

It's a good idea, but we already have a very similar system implemented behind the scenes for the programmers and internal beta testers, that's also linked to the code repository we use. This allows us to pinpoint a bugfix/feature addition to a specific revision in the game, and is heaps and bounds better than structuring it on a message board.

Understood, but how do you you catch everything in the single bug thread? ;)
You can let the forumers post new threads as they come across them, and it also makes it very obvious as to where to put bugs you find. I didn't find the bug THREAD until I posted this suggestion, and I could also note that some folks like to post issues outside of that thread anyway.

I agree with this. There is an issue that crashes your server and was in the bug report topic. But didn't get fixed.(Possibly skipped)

Project Dark Fox said:
Understood, but how do you you catch everything in the single bug thread? ;)

Easy.

1) Transfer critical bugs to ticket repository
2) Fix said bugs
3) Bold topic post
4) Purge topic of invalid reports
5) Rinse
6) Repeat

Either way, given the sort of feedback we're getting with ME, things may change. If we feel the need to cultivate this option, we most certainly will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back