Super Mystic Sonic (V.1.09.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super mystic sonic said:
Needed stuff:
Lots of dll files (12 extra dll's to download)
DVD support. The movies of SMSblast 2 use a DVD engine.
A high grapic card
A computer with 500+ RAM.
A gigabyte free on your disk.
DirectX 10

... tricks to perform and walls to run on, and amazing as it is: DVD-like cutscenes.

SMS... why the hell would we need a gigabyte free on our disk?
and i think most of the things you said is impossible...

and not to be offensive or anything... but this is rediculous... :?
Dont you think you have enough in your Wad already? you dont need to make a Mod out of it...

Super mystic sonic said:
camo man said:
SMS this is a great wad. But did you really add 600 new sprites how many sprites are in this thing? Oh and by the way what is SMSblast 2 and when will it be playable (sry for bumping the topic like that)
Long live SMS

The total sprites here in SMS 1.09.4 are -/+ 876 lumps. Nearly 600 lumps of those are newly added. SMS1095 will have 200+ sprites added and will reach the 1000 lumps point.

As for SMSblast 2, from 6 of the 8 beta testers I heard it ran very slow on their computer.

Needed stuff:
A high grapic card
450 MB to download the file from internet in a zip.
DirectX 10
Stereo speakers (or surround, but mono doesn't seem to work)
A extremely fast internet to download those 450 MB

Can you even believe its based on SRB2? Faster, more 3D stuff, a dynamic camera, a total new life system, tricks to perform and walls to run on, and amazing as it is: DVD-like cutscenes.

I might tell it spectacular, but its quite still buggy at the moment.
I think I know what the answer is but would you happen to need another tester (namly me. Iv got a really fast computer)

Super Shadow (A superform, new skating sprites, and balanced abilities)
Mario pack v 1.09.4 (A huge update. Every character got completely remade and got their own custom shooting ability)
SADX-sonic (New sprites, fixed abilities, and a handmade superform to prove I'm not only good in recolor spriting)
SRB2soundpack (A extreme update in music.dta. The legendary version is the best of the best.)

Alright, seeing as how all the newbies are wide eyed and astonished with these lies, I want links to each of these things. It's about time that people start realising that you're making false and impossible promises.

There's absolutely no way you'll be developing for DirectX 10 in the near future. It's not even out yet.

SMS, sorry but I dont think ANYTHING uses those types of specs, let alone the Legacy Engine. So all I am seeing here is a big fat lie. If you want us to believe ANYTHING about this, show us some screenshots.

Yeah... I am sorry SMS but I smell bull...
SRB2 can not handle anything CLOSE to what you have mentioned...
And the whole "600 sprites made" thingy for SMS is just utter crock unless you are counting the sprites you messed up on when trying to create SMS...
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=4691 <-- I point you twards this sin against nature....

That is complete and utter bull. After a lie like that, I can't see this topic going anywhere but downhill. Lock.

For clarification, because a few of you people are complaining about this topic being locked:

This topic was locked because SMS just posted blantantly false claims about a mod in the works. Any baseless mod claims are locked. We always do it that way. Especially IMPOSSIBLE baseless mod claims:

Super mystic sonic said:
Well, I guess a highly inefficient and badly made EXE modification could need more DLLs, but that's just dumb.

Super mystic sonic said:
LOL. DVD movies in Doom's 256 color palette. And we thought Sonic CD's compression looked bad. Oh, and this is impossible in SRB2's engine.

Super mystic sonic said:
A high grapic card
This is not World of Warcraft. I cannot feasibly believe you can make a WAD require 512 MB of RAM and have Doom handle it properly.

Super mystic sonic said:
450 MB to download the file from internet in a zip.
This is possible, but only if he's wasting obscene amounts of space and has an insane amount of useless lumps.

Super mystic sonic said:
DirectX 10
Uh, software mode is DirectX 3. DirectX 10 isn't even OUT yet. Obviously false.

Super mystic sonic said:
Stereo speakers (or surround, but mono doesn't seem to work)
I cannot comprehend how he'd break mono support.

Super mystic sonic said:
A extremely fast internet to download those 450 MB
More like "enough time to waste downloading a gigantic waste of space".

After these claims, the topic was locked because they're obviously false. It has nothing to do with the dubious quality of SMS, and it has everything to do with a blantant lie and the flamewar that would have ensued should the topic have been left unlocked.

If SMS really does complete this WAD (which I have just proven is not what he says it is), then he can go ahead and post his release in a new topic. However, I see no reason to discuss bogus information about an obviously non-existant WAD.

Super mystic sonic said:
Can you even believe its based on SRB2?
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back