Something that always bugged me about the intro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espyo

The intro is fine and dandy, but there's just one thing that really makes me uncomfortable. Let us recall when Sonic is plotting a genius plan to stop that pesky Eggman and Tails is busy investigating the Jettysyns. In this scene, Tails says: "Now what do we do?"
Sonic then replies: "Easy! We go find Eggman and stop his latest insane plan. Just like we've always done, right?
... Tails, what *ARE* you doing?"

I... I just find that "*ARE*" so... wrong. It looks like it's said from a snob, rather than from Sonic. When I read that I always imagine Sonic saying it like:
http://vocaroo.com/?media=vPJf6xgaqPOa50YoX
(And thus I send my impersonation of Sonic to the Internet. Beautiful, isn't it?)
I'd never imagine Sonic saying it like that. I can only see him say that sentence without giving emphasis to "are".
This isn't a feature request, it's not a bug report... It just... really bugs me.

TL;DR Sonic sounds like a snob when he asks Tails what he's doing, and I post my impersonation somewhere in the middle.

It'd be even better if Tails replied, "Well, excuUuUUUUUuuUuUUuUuuuuuuse me, Princess!"

Why isn't Knuckles in the intro? Is it the same reason why Tails isn't in Srb.

I guess Knuckles is protecting the Master Emerald as always xD.

And I dont know why tails isn't in Srb1. Its probably that they forgot??? Thats my thought. Or they ignored him from being in the game.

Last edited:
There's a couple scenes that were cut from the intro. A few of these involve Knuckles.

I found some cutscene text in the source code...

Code:
"What are we waiting for? The first emerald is ours!" Sonic was about to
run, when he saw a shadow pass over him, he recognized the silhouette
instantly.
    "Knuckles!" Sonic said. The echidna stopped his glide and landed
facing Sonic. "What are you doing here?"
    He replied, "This crisis affects the Floating Island,
if that explosion I saw is anything to go by."
    "If you're willing to help then... let's go!"

I found some cutscene text in the source code...

Code:
"What are we waiting for? The first emerald is ours!" Sonic was about to
run, when he saw a shadow pass over him, he recognized the silhouette
instantly.
    "Knuckles!" Sonic said. The echidna stopped his glide and landed
facing Sonic. "What are you doing here?"
    He replied, "This crisis affects the Floating Island,
if that explosion I saw is anything to go by."
    "If you're willing to help then... let's go!"

I'm guessing that was either cut out due because the intro music was too short or was a separate cut cutscene where Knuckles would be unlocked.

Also, I noticed this is in srb2.org's story section, but not used in the game:
introd.png

Aha! The investigation begins!
tteam.png

These two poses are also from two separate scenes.

So, if in this scene they're fighting the jettysyns, the image would be something like this:

tteam.png

Am I right?

Yep! Although the expression on Sonic's face was also changed a bit.

Boy, if you gave sonic a CTF flag you'd have a pretty kickin' forum banner!

I always wanted to see how you'd do the cutscenes between levels.
Especially the one where sonic enters RVZ.

I'm happy this topic has some beta information (not sarcastic). But... my initial purpose for this thread lasted for about 1 hilarious post. Not that I'm demanding my thread back, specially with such good info, but can't any of the developers state if they'll be changing it, or something? I mean, I posted my impersonation on Vocaroo for crying out loud! This thread sure is a pleasant change from regular discussions, I think.

I think this missing part makes the intro nitpicky.
As we see, Eggman talked to Sonic and Tails, left them with the Jetty-syns, ran away (or not) unharmed, and then, Tails was hacking into the Jetty-syn. That makes me think:

Sonic figured out that Eggman tried to be diplomatic and then gave the Jetty-syns as presents. Then, one of the Jetty-syns misteriously disappeared and the other gave his hard disk to Tails.

So weird... Let's get to the bottom of it.

but can't any of the developers state if they'll be changing it, or something?

Not really a dev anymore, so I can't say. The *ARE* is from the original text written up by Sonikku. It's likely an influence of AoStH/SatAM, where Sonic was a snappy "do first think later" personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back