Contest Discussion Topic (2.1.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilkyComplexFawn.gif

Hmmm...

srb20822.png

Last edited:

Dammit. I already have this exact gimmick implementent in a level of mine and when I someday show that level off it'll seem like I blatantly stole your idea...
It really is a nice gimmick, especially with Sonic and Knuckles, as you gain height with it, but only while in the goop.

Damnit, CoatRack, this is beautiful!
Is this a kind of Oil Ocean Zone? The details are looking great, but we've yet to face the level itself =3

Just thought I'd remind everyone that the submission deadline for next OLDC is a month from now, at 7:00 PM EST (or GMT-4) on June 30th. Currently, the only entries we have are the four rolled over from the previous OLDC (which was cancelled).

Newer people who want to enter but are scared of more experienced mappers beating your entries, do not fret! With slopes and Splatoon at the least having happened all within the last month, I'd be surprised if anyone of that lot enters at all. =P

Gemini Cavern Zone. I started working on this today. So far i'm still working on act 1.
mw35w0.jpg

2rm9qgh.jpg

Last edited:
Turns out I'm gonna be away for a week-long trip this month and I've been working on my map slowly in general, so unfortunately I don't think my SP map is gonna make it this contest. I did submit a Match map a while ago so at least there's that.

The map looks preety good but... What?! Non Aligned textures?! go to 3d mode and press A for texture aligment!
Don't go too willy nilly with that, now. While it will make connected textures flush with each other, it will -not- make any effort to align textures to edges or any other arbitrary point that you wanted it to be placed at, and the result may sometimes be uglier and less believable than before. Beware especially any use of it on extra large circuits of linedefs.

Don't go too willy nilly with that, now. While it will make connected textures flush with each other, it will -not- make any effort to align textures to edges or any other arbitrary point that you wanted it to be placed at, and the result may sometimes be uglier and less believable than before. Beware especially any use of it on extra large circuits of linedefs.
You can left-click to highlight only the linedefs you want to align to help mitigate this, at least.

OLDC submission deadline reminder #2

Just a heads-up: it's just under a fortnight (read: 2 weeks) until the deadline now, and we've had exactly ...zero new entries since last time I brought this up.

Nope. I don't think I will finish this until OLDC. Slow progress.
if that's a ctf map, it looks complete enough structure wise, just needs the rings and flags and it should be playable.

I personally don't think the OLDC is for full final version levels, Especially now that there's suppose to be a "finals contest" for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back