SRB2 Hub (1.3)

If you want the special stages to work right, you either need to use the emerald tokens, or copy all 8 to new slots with their headers too.

Wait a minute, legacy THZ2?
Awww mann, I can't find it. :P

I hate to ruin the fun of finding it, but...
In THZ' hub room, go to the room that has the entrance to Act 2. Right before the "ACT 2" sign, turn left and enter the slime; you should find a small opening. Jump from the bridge and dive inside, guiding yourself through until you emerge from the other side. There you will find Techno Hill Zone Act 2 Legacy's entrance.

And now for the other Legacy stage...
In ERZ's hub, you must go past Egg Rock Zone Act 3's entrance and enter the conveyor room between ERZ3 and ERCZ. Instead of continuing down the other conveyor belts, run straight down the first conveyor belt and fall off. The wall will keep you falling flat downwards through a path of rings, leading you into Egg Rock Zone Act 3 Legacy's room.

Still hoping for more Legacy stages.

Last edited:
As for Legacy stages...
I hope Mario Koopa Blast gets added eventually.

Maybe also...

Legacy CEZ, as there were quite a few changes for 2.1, and then there was the button hunt in 1.09.4a, Legacy Special Stages, and Legacy Red Volcano, as it also had some major changes in 2.1

Personally I should say we should keep Legacy maps to 2.0 versions of the stages so we don't have millions of Legacy versions for one map. There's already a thread based around reviving old levels of SRB2 elsewhere on the forums.

IMHO the legacy levels would be based around the following; whatever's not listed would be for the separate project not part of SRB2hub and are entirely based around 2.0's maps, unless Gaga says so otherwise.

*Greenflower Zone Act 1 Legacy (make what you will, 2.0's GFZ1 had an accessible Armagedon Shield, that extra tunnel at the beginning, and both paths of the fork in the road after the second checkpoint being traversable without flight/climbing in exchange for the secret (and somewhat pointless) Whirlwind Shield puzzle).
*Castle Eggman Zone Act 2 Legacy (I remember hearing that CEZ2 got some extreme changes during the jump to 2.1)
*Red Volcano Zone Act 1 Legacy (Same ordeal with CEZ2)
*Mario Koopa Blast Zone (Not titled "Legacy" as this zone don't exist at all in v2.1) The player must jump through one of the waterfalls in the Pipe Towers Zone room and he/shewill drop into a room containing the teleporter to a MKBZ HUB room.
*Special Stages 1-7 Legacy (Original 2.0 Special Stages, all played in order, a level is repeated if failed, and returns the player(s) to the HUB after SS7) Located in the Emerald Shrine Room by Spindashing through a very small opening on one of the walls.

There would also be a warp room of sorts that contain entrances to the 28 SRB1 levels, which branches off from the hall leading to the SRB2 Level Select with a sign showing [SRB1 ->]. It would be significantly smaller and much simpler than the main SRB2 level select rooms.

Last edited:
犬夜叉;748809 said:
Tor is a system designed to provide anonymous browsing by routing requests through series of exit nodes... essentially an advanced "proxy". It has legitimate uses, but there's also a lot of people that abuse the system's anonymity and use it to get around bans and post illegal content, which is why we added a blacklist for it.

Tor? Sounds like... Deep Web.

So.... Maybe putting a SRB1 room with all levels right behind the startingpoint entrance room? Like a secret, maybe.... Spindashing or something?

EDIT: Forget the spindash, i wanna play with Jetty-Syns to the end of times!

The only levels that should be secret in the HUB IMO are the Legacy maps. Since the SRB1 maps are considered unlockable like PTZ, SHZ, ATZ, and AGZ, they would be right out in the open ready for play.

Maybe putting a SRB1 room with all levels -snip- i wanna play with Jetty-Syns to the end of times!
SRB1 remake levels force the player's skin to something specific, so even if you'd enter Knothole Base Zone act 1 as Tails, you'd end up as Sonic when the level loads. Some SRB1 levels force Knuckles instead of Sonic.
The only way to not play as Sonic (or Knuckles in some levels) would be to use the Skin command inside the level, or the Player Setup menu.

Also, making a little hub for all those levels would be time-consuming, big, and maybe push the flats/textures up above 256 different flats/textures, making the map crash SRB2 on load, so... I wouldn't say that would be a super necessary thing, as there anyway also is the Map console command.

SRB1 remake levels force the player's skin to something specific, so even if you'd enter Knothole Base Zone act 1 as Tails, you'd end up as Sonic when the level loads. Some SRB1 levels force Knuckles instead of Sonic.
The only way to not play as Sonic (or Knuckles in some levels) would be to use the Skin command inside the level, or the Player Setup menu.

Also, making a little hub for all those levels would be time-consuming, big, and maybe push the flats/textures up above 256 different flats/textures, making the map crash SRB2 on load, so... I wouldn't say that would be a super necessary thing, as there anyway also is the Map console command.

Fixing the skin issue is a matter of simply removing the "ForceCharacter" line for the level headers.

Maybe there could be a separate SRB1 hub on it's own map accessible from the main HUB? It would be counted as a secret map you can't access through selecting them in the Pause menu, so the host wouldn't wind up selecting the wrong HUB when they go to return everyone to the HUB.

Fixing the skin issue is a matter of simply removing the "ForceCharacter" line for the level headers.
Which would require the lumps MAPA1D, MAPA2D, MAPA3D, MAPA4D, MAPA5D, MAPA6D, MAPA7D, MAPA8D, MAPA9D, MAPAAD, MAPABD, MAPACD, MAPADD, MAPAED, MAPAFD, MAPAGD, MAPAHD, MAPID, MAPAJD, MAPAKD, MAPAND, MAPAOD, MAPARD, MAPASD, MAPATD, MAPAUD, MAPAVD and MAPAWD (28 lumps), since using MainCfg to add in level headers only adds or changes things, without deleting things (unless that was changed in 2.1?).

I don't think anyone would actually have patience to copy-paste every single SRB1 remake level header into separate lumps, while removing ForceCharacter, simply to make players not have to type "skin sonic;skin [SKINNAME]" or something upon every map load.

Though I may be wrong, in the case ForceCharacter = 0 or ForceCharacter = -1 disables it? I don't know. But it would be very time-consuming if it had to be done in separate lumps and such all the time.

Or you could just add Level A1 through Level AW in the Maincfg, and put "ForceCharacter = -1" under all of them. You don't need to copy every single one.

He was answering your apparent confusion over how to do that efficiently. I don't see how any of that was "skipped".

He was answering your apparent confusion over how to do that efficiently. I don't see how any of that was "skipped".
Well, he did say "Or" at the start of the message, and I take that as he didn't read my whole message, only the 28 MAPA*D lumps.
If he didn't say "Or", I would take it as he said "Yep, that can be done" rather than "It should be done this way, and you didn't say anything about it".
Amazing how one small word can make so big a difference for me.

Okay guys, working on an update. The biggest one yet!

I won't reveal all of it at the moment, but I can mention some things.

1. SRB1 Remake Level Select. It is easily accessable through the Bonus Level Select. You can pick to start from the first act of each zone. I decided to not to remove the 'forcecharacter' thingy, since it causes some instability. (Some of Knuckles's levels can't be cleared as Sonic, for example.) But I still had to edit all the headers to add Coop as a supported gametype.

Here's some pictures:
QuKeM7V.png

4PtFuSl.png
Let me know if it looks too ugly. (I think I messed up.)

2. A whole new area, as big as what we already had up to this point (more on that, when it's actually released).
3. More Legacy Stages. Because they seem to be very popular.

And gosh darn, could there be any more fire-spitting gargoyles in the Azure Temple Zone's HUB room?
Well, I think I could add some more, if you insist.
In all seriousness though, I think it gives a good taste of what you're up against with this level.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back