Whats with the Mystic Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charybdizs

>WTB lamp oil
Administrator
Kart Krew™️
So everyone's always talking about how they want to play it, or that they're making a port of it. What's the big deal? I mean, maybe I found something that other people didn't, but I played a couple of days ago, in 2.0. I can't remember where I found it, but I'm sure I could find it again! Am I completely missing something here?

Maybe it's because Mystic Realm was incredible for it's time. I could be wrong. Not sure why there's this much hype for an official 2.0.X port though.

Just look at my signature... ...both of which claims are only half of the truth.

Whatever port you played, it wasn't complete. Sure, it looks like everything's done on the surface, but some smaller details have to be fixed. A full port is actually almost done, there just have been some smaller delays. But of course, the inofficial ports should be enough for the meantime.

Maybe it's because Mystic Realm was incredible for it's time. I could be wrong. Not sure why there's this much hype for an official 2.0.X port though.

Because wouldn't you like a group of maps you loved in the old version to come back in the new one?

Aside from that, The multiple things in the mod ( like it's single player campaign, emerald levels, and etc.) are interesting; compare the scale of Jade Coast Zone Act 1 to Green Flower Zone act 1, There's a big difference in scale which is interesting.

I mean sure It's being ported, not remade with the new features in mind, but that won't stop me from playing MR when it hits 2.0 eventually... =D

also I like it because it is the first mod I played as well as the net-games I played with this mod back in 1.09.4

Oh look, Ninja'd

Last edited:
Remind me to yell at Neo to finish his remake.
I haven't really touched SRB2 at all in the past few months (well, save for Stupid Circuit which took all of an afternoon), so it's still where it was before, "complete" up to Sunken Plant 1. I have a bunch of ideas and a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do, I just lack the spark, you know?

Hah! Yeah, my version of Flame Rift doesn't have Crawlas any more. There are turtles though, so you might be able to bounce on say, two before the game causes you to get hit even though you were clearly spinning.

For those who are looking for the latest "public" release of Mystic Realm 2.0 port:

Moderator Notice:
If you want to make a release, put it in editing(as a beta) or releases. In both cases, you need permission from Mystic to do so.

Ezer'Arch's note: as asked by moderator, I won't release "betas", including outdated ones, on MB anymore until we get it 100% done and have proper permission. Wait a bit more.

All levels are playable, but MR enemies and bosses aren't working.

Current port state

Currently, the port process is almost finished:
- all levels: ok

- all MR objects (enemies and bosses, sprites and SOCs) are working.

- textures and music: ok

- gamedata, secrets/unlockables and emblems: ok

- saving system: if you finish the game at AGZ4, SRB2 can turn the save slot into "COMPLETED", but if you have 7 emeralds and go into PAZ1, SRB2 can't save the progress at all until you get the MRZ and, still, SRB2 can't "COMPLETE" the save slot. This means, if the game crashes at MRZ, you'll need to start over playing from AGZ1.

- EggCrystal (MRZ boss) still needs some fixes/enhancements. I suspect someone gave the boss a lobotomy. It's possible to defeat him in 10 seconds, too bad.

That's all.

Last edited:
I have a nearly fully working version of that boss, but I too lack Mystic's permission.

I have a nearly fully working version of that boss, but I too lack Mystic's permission.
As have we.

So yeah, I meant to contact Mystic about this, but it doesn't help if I'm not the one with the latest build. Prime 2.0, however, is already helping with fixing the bosses.

(...) but it doesn't help if I'm not the one with the latest build.

You mean, latest build with SOC fixes?

What I have is one with all level fixes without Prime 2.0's edits.

Moderator Notice:
If you want to make a release, put it in editing(as a beta) or releases. In both cases, you need permission from Mystic to do so.

Prime, sorry. I had seen "a lot of times" people posting Mediafire links to MR port on MB, so I felt like doing the same. Anyway, it won't happen again.

Last edited:
I can't wait for a proper Mystic Realm port.

Back in 1.09.4 (and mostlikely before that as well), everyone used to play that level pack. I'd even go as far as to say it was the most popular level pack of that era.

Alot of good memories were made playing those levels.

Well, Ezer.Arch, about the enemies, what enemies will be added? I'm kinda curious because I saw in the Wiki something about Blue Buzzes, Jetty-syn Laser Gunner and Jetty-syn Poison Bomber.
Different bosses? Can you tell?

Everything will stay the same as much as possible. So the new enemies won't actually be used in the maps, but they'll be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back