Slopes in 1.1 Software confirmed! (EXE leaked! Page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sykotic said:
glaber said:
Better Software? How is it better?

The Wiki's 1.1 page said that opengl is no longer going to exist, didn't it? I'd imagine that they're doing everything in their power to make it best.

Bzzt, wrong, but thanks for playing. 1.1 has OpenGL. It's just not supported at all. Meaning there's a very good chance of running into various errors, glitches, crashes, and the like.

Dark Warrior said:
Sykotic said:
glaber said:
Better Software? How is it better?

The Wiki's 1.1 page said that opengl is no longer going to exist, didn't it? I'd imagine that they're doing everything in their power to make it best.

Bzzt, wrong, but thanks for playing. 1.1 has OpenGL. It's just not supported at all. Meaning there's a very good chance of running into various errors, glitches, crashes, and the like.

Also known as Software is safer.

HOLY ****ING WIN! I log on to the MB for the first time in ages (no internet, I'm currently at my Mum's shop) to find this. I hope it's true.

As I said on another thread, this looks hot. I hope the staff plans on adding slope physics. Let me explain what I mean by that.

1. In the classic series, Sonic's jump was relative to the slope, not just gravity. If Sonic was moving up a slope, he could jump higher and yet his horizontal movement was practically halted. Sonic's jump while moving down a slope made less vertical distance, but he was moving forward at almost full speed.
2. Rolling down a hill. Pretty standard idea, should only take a simple formula to get it to work, I would think.
3. Running up and down a slope. Sonic could run up a slope, but he'd eventually slow to a stope. While moving down a slope, he'd just keep getting faster and faster. Sonic probably won't be able to maintain a speed higher than his maxspeed in SRB2, but those physics still should be set in place.

Thotts?

All of those for the fucking win. Just be sure to add, "Can't go up the slope if it's too steep; Knuckles can climb said steep slope." to that list.

Alright, some things to point out.

1) SRB2 1.1 EXE would most definitely require all the resource wads with 1.1. It'd break otherwise.
2) There's no new palette in these images.
3) As Mystic points out in The Version 1.1 Talk page on SRB2Wiki, a DoS attack can't gain files from the victim's machine.
4) The second image has terrible warping and signs of editing everywhere. :(
5) SRB2 1.1 has all of the things recoded with different numbers. References in 1.09.4 would break that.

Laughing at how gullible you people are; awesome hoax. The one time I get bored enough to go here, I see this wonderful (though not flawless) gem. Whoever planned all of this out, bravo!

...What? So, this is fake and I FELL FOR IT? D: Damn, that sucks. :/

I still think OpenGL is a million times better than Software, whoever has a computer which does not support DirectX7 or better needs to upgrade. Urgently.

Obvious: DoS = Denial of Service attack

The only thing a DoS does is disallow internet access to a user.

You mean the EXE that simply starts with the error, "WADFILE MISSING LOLOLOL"? That could be ANY EXE. Hell, it's probably just a regular ol' program made to look like SRB2, except edited to require files of different names and/or types.

Although, the second picture of the slope does look just as valid as the others. Notice the tiling on the slope; look at the ground next to it. See it? It tiles perfectly.

Segmint said:
You mean the EXE that simply starts with the error, "WADFILE MISSING LOLOLOL"? That could be ANY EXE. Hell, it's probably just a regular ol' program made to look like SRB2, except edited to require files of different names and/or types.

Although, the second picture of the slope does look just as valid as the others. Notice the tiling on the slope; look at the ground next to it. See it? It tiles perfectly.

And Flame's test run of this thing? A Shop?

HMMMM?

Actually, that looks a lot like one of AntiPorcupine's old slope betas that Flame just added a second slope to.

Guys, seriously. If you're going to pull a prank, pull one that doesn't have the holes you'd expect to find in Swiss Cheese.

If you open up Flame's EXE in a hex editor and look at the very end of the file, you'll see that the EXE is padded with a bunch of 00s to increase the filesize. No real SRB2 exe has any real use for those 00s. :P

Blue Warrior said:
As I said on another thread, this looks hot. I hope the staff plans on adding slope physics.

I actually did some of that on a branch of 1.08 before everything got put into the SVN. I've thought about adding it again so it can be used with stair slopes. It might also make for some interesting spin/jump puzzles.

Hm... Now I guess it's a prank all this. This "leak" is confusing. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back