Issues with XWE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen

So. Whenever I put in SFX it works good when I preview it in XWE.
But, In SRB2 it becomes Really slow.
What is causing this? And How to fix it?

Glad someone else posted this. I'm having the same problem. I followed the thread and followed the instructions. I do know the problem. I just don't know the solution. Like Gen, when I preview the sounds they they sound fine but in- game, their really slow.

I import sounds into slade but they wont convert. I select on the sound(s) and hit the "convert to doom wave" button but nothing happens. I went through the motions, changing their bitrates and KHZs in sound recorder but no luck. Why wont they convert?

Last edited:
You're welcome, Gen.

Sparkz, why not use XWE then, if you're having this problem with SLADE?
At least until you find a solution to it...

Just asking, because the Convert to Doom wave is the usual cause of this, and like Gen said it works fine in XWE.

Sparkz, why not use XWE then, if you're having this problem with SLADE? At least until you find a solution to it...

Well I put the sounds I needed into WXE and converted them. They sounded great but something went horribly wrong with the background music. When the level loaded the music sounded jumpy like a bad CD. When I got close enough to a source of one of my new sounds for it to execute, the music got even worse. Jumping like crazy and slowing down. I didn't notice if it tampered with the frame rate or not, as I quickly ended the game to re-import the sounds. Their now typical wavs pending another solution. Restarting the game, the music started out bad but eventually smoothed itself out. Anybody know what's going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back