Sonic 4: Episode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

We tend to not cover announcements of announcements, but we will cover this instead: An anonymous source sent a rather alarming tip to Segabits head George Perez, claiming a build of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II already exists on PartnerNET. That alone, even above the almost expected comments concerning what’s in that build, may be the most perplexing tidbit to come out of the website’s exclusive this evening.
“What is concerning is that the physics are exactly the same as they were in Episode 1,” the source told Segabits. “Yes, letting go of the stick makes Sonic drop like a brick. The reason I am telling you this information is that if it is out in the open, the fans will have a chance to speak out and make Sega delay the game. ”
That shouldn’t surprise you too much, because previous remarks by Sega officials indicated little was going to change behind the hood. It’s the fact Sega have not learned from their mistakes with Episode I leaking in its entirety last year that’s almost laughably inexplicable. It’s possible Sega may again pay for that mistake, too; in a follow-up comment, Perez alleged the tipster will provide video and/or photos to back up his or her claims.
Just what you wanted, Episode 2 with the same exact physics as Episode 1. Photos/Videos will be coming soon and Ken (Sonic 4 Brand Manager) is going to reveal a bit of information since Sonic CD is out.

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/12/20/report-sonic-4-episode-2-may-already-be-on-partnernet/

Seeing as this is a TSSZ article, I'm a bit skeptical. I hope that the physics at least aren't going to be as godawful as Episode 1 in the finished product.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be exactly the case. But taking the word from an anonymous source that by nature of being anonymous cannot be confirmed to be trustworthy, that is also being reported by TSSZ which has a reputation for being inaccuracy at times seems rather silly.

Not only that, but it's an announcement of an announcement. There really is nothing to see here right now and after the Sonic CD remake trailers features that tidbit of information about seeing "where the Sonic 4 saga began" it has already been established that new information will be on its way soon.

Nothing to see here until a more credible source makes a statement. But getting your hopes up is also setting yourself up for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back