Google Links redirect me to odd sites...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
You know google, right? So let's say I type something in, and then I search for the stuff I want, it searches, and upon clicking some of the links, it redirects me to some odd sites like *Serever cannot find errweeqrofds.com/saqwwrefndf.com.* (The names are random sometimes.)

So, I try to find out why this is happening, and it seems it's a Google Redirect Virus, which hijacks most searches.

Ran Malwarebytes, and it found alot of Ad-Ware, and some other stuff. It gets rid of it, ran AVG, AVG didn't pick up anything.

Tried to manually remove it, *With abit of searching for help about the Virus.* Found a few odd programs, renamed them and removed them.

Sadly... this doesn't fix it.

So any suggestions of what I might need to do? Because I might end up reformating my computer if I can't get this removed, and before I reformat, what stuff do I need before I start reformating? (I know you need a disc.)

Last edited:
Isn't it suppose to say...

127.0.0.1 Local Host?

(Note: I am at school, so I don't fully remember it, but all I saw was that in the Hosts file.)

Unless I am looking in the wrong place.

I forgot to add this on, when I renamed firefox.exe to something else. (Such as renaming it to Fire X.exe) I don't get redirected to the odd sites on Google.

What I am going to try is to copy the schools HOST file and then overwrite the old one and see if that works. (Might be a bad idea though.)

It has only a few comments, and then it has 127.0.0.1 Local Host.

Last edited:
Common hijacking cookies. I used Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. I had the same problem earlier this year, but it they kept returning and I found out a website I frequented was the problem.

Ok... so I downloaded Avast! and ran it upon starting the computer before it boots everything up.

There was something called Win32:Malware.gen that was found, a few of them infecting certian files, it also found a Agent... something.

I had Avast! delete the files, there was about 7 file infections.

I am now running Malwarebytes to see if it picks up any leftover Malware and such, don't need to run AVG because Avast! is a Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware.

I have my Internet cable un-pluged, just in case.

(If your wondering, I am posting this from my DSi, and yes, there is a wireless point near my house.)

Ok, Malwarebytes picked up 1 Infection, which was Trogin.Banker.

Running Avast! and Malwarebytes scans to ensure that everything is taken care of, also I turned off System Restore just in case...

I also went and cleaned out the Temp Folders for all users on the computer, only 2 had alot of files in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back