Lush Falls Zone (f_lushfalls.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComRante

This is Lush Falls Zone, a CTF map of mine from 1.09.4 that I've ported over to 2.0. It is the third highest-ranking CTF map in all of the level design contests. It was both my first CTF map and also my very first level to be released to the public.

There is not much I can say about this map. Lush Falls Zone was based off a match map I had made around the same time, and aimed to be a bit more ambitious. I tried to create
an original visual style for the level, and I think that, at least for the time, I mostly succeeded. The thing placement isn’t that great, and the trees are very cookie-cutterish, but besides those problems, I still can appreciate the geometry that is here. One of the stranger aspects of this level is that it isn’t symmetrical, and although it might not always make for a balanced game, it can shake things up quite a bit.

In its transition from 1.09.4 to 2.0, Lush Falls Zone hasn’t undergone many changes. There is a new sky, the new weapon and emerald systems have been implemented, and there are now team specific rings and monitors. The geometry that makes up the level is literally unchanged.

Enjoy!

Screenshots:

Download:http://sb.srb2.org/f_lushfalls.wad

(An extreme thanks goes to sb for hosting this wad for me.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The design seems a little limited, route option wise, and the music seems out of place for the actual theme of the map - a night time valley. The waterfalls should have water currents pushing players in to the central area, making it imperative to time the jumps between the rocks properly to pick up the rings. Otherwise, very nicely done map.

I am Confused about something

I can't seem to download the level! a long code appears instead.

Re: I am Confused about something

Mirustal said:
I can't seem to download the level! a long code appears instead.

Right click and save as.
I'd rather have it uploaded on SRB2FFH...

Of course, we were playing a two-player CTF game, so naturally that didn't turn out so well.

Yes but from what I saw from the map. Even if the server was full their wouldn't of been much fighting between people in between the bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back