I Badly need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys I sorta need help here:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program: SlumpED

Type of Editing: Wadding: Sprite Replacing
Will be Released ?: No/ Private Work
Reason for making: For Fun
First time using SlumpEd ?- Yes
Newbie or NonNewbie: Newbie

Dumb Newbie or Meaningful Newbie ? :
Meaningful

Problem: Coverting
I copyed srb2.srb, renamed that file to srb2.wad and exported all Flicky Sprites to a new folder named Bird Edits. I renamed these files to png's, edited them, renamed them back to lmp's and imported them into SlumpEDto replace the regular Flicky Sprites. In SlumpED it showed up as a PNG not that of a Sprite. Anybody know how to covert the PNG's into sprites ?

( COME ON GUYS POST!!! I REALLY NEED HELP! )

P.S. I checked all the tutorials I could find before posting this.

Do you mean that when I exported the bird sprites, the blue around it should have been purple ? Then again you did say you used XWE. Anybody have SlumpED ?

I happen to like SlumpED more though, I HATE automatic saving. Anyways, can someone tell me how to convert these files ?

Make a wad. Make a marker called S_START. Insert bird sprites. Make new entery called S_END.

There you go.

You simply don't use PNGS, nor do you use Magenta backgrounds.

BMPs, with Cyan backgrounds, are the way to go.

You could also convert the image lump to bmp by right clicking the lump, and then to doom gfx. I'll Begin's idea is quicker, so do that instead. You would still need to right click the image lump and convert it to doom gfx.

The one thing you should remember about SLumpEd is that you have to adjust the offsets manually if you are working with sprites.

For the offsets I'll just keep em' the same as Flicky's offsets.

I got one question about wads.

SRB2 Guy, I made a copy of Srb2 renamed it's extension to .wad to use as my IWAD for SlumpED.

I copied that and I replaced the regular Flickys with my new sprites.

So you want me to change the png's to bmp's and then thats it right ?

I got confused witht the S_Start and S_End.
I think thats to make a characther wad, not to change
the regular sprites of the game.

S_START and S_END is used to insert sprites into the game. I think they can be used for characters, but its not necessary. You might be thinking of S_SKIN which is necessary for giving the character different abilities and whatnot.

When you import bmps in SLumpEd you have to remember to right click the lump to convert them to doom gfx, otherwise it will not work in srb2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back