Migraine Auras, anyone else have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
Migraine auras occur before a person has a migraine. Most people do not experience this. They obscure your vision, and effectively make you have a blind spot. Aura area starts out small and grows. When I've had them they've lasted from 15 minutes to an hour. A migraine aura can differ in looks, for some, it's a flashing blob of colors, for others it looks like a pinwheel of light. Has anyone else had them?

So far, every time I've had them they look like this:
http://www.migraine-aura.org/content/e27891/e27265/e26585/index_en.html

Animation of Migraine Aura (First animation is most similar to mine. The aura is more transparent than how it looks in the animation, but obscures my vision even more so than it does in the animation)
http://www.migraine-aura.org/content/e27891/index_en.html

More info on them:
http://www.migraine-aura.org/content/e27891/e27265/e42285/e52824/e52853/index_en.html

Yay! I'm not alone!
I wonder if they'll ever figure out the exact cause of the migraine auras and what exactly is going on in the brain while they happen.

One theory is that migraine auras show you the activity that is going on in the brain in picture form...if that is true...that's both freaky and awesome.

I've never had a migraine, but one time while there have been a couple times where fuzzy colors start to get in the way and my vision starts to go all dark. I then get a really bad headache and am sick to my stomach for the next half an hour or so, but my vision is better usually after the first few seconds.

Judging from past occurrences (head wound and movie with excess gore), I would guess that it was probably some sort of nervous or panic attack brought on by the excessive gore (and in the former case, the fact that it was coming from my head... lol). Probably messed up my perception of light which caused me to 'black out'... but that's just me trying to sound professional.

Regardless, it still sounds pretty freaky.

The only time my vision goes fuzzy is after an excessively long videogame session.

If I've been sitting for about... 20 minutes and then stand my eye sight just gets blur but nothing like that. It would be cool though.

Yeah, I know what that is like JEV3. Kind of annoying, when the fuzzy colors come, you kinda go dizzy for a sec, but then it's all better (At least for me xD). Migraine aura is kind of like taking those fuzzy colors, bunching them up, making them flash different colors, and making them semitransparent. The blob then slowly grows bigger. Eventually, the perimeter of the blob grows bigger than your vision and it disappears xD.
For example, starts like:
>
then
>
>
then
>>
>>
>>>>
>>>>>>>

Mikesword, auras aren't cool at all T-T (Well, maybe my dad's are...He sees a pinwheel of colors. I just see a semitransparent blob of flashing colors)

Example of why auras aren't cool:
I'm in a college campus and have to cross streets to get to my classes. Last week I had one of these auras about an hour before I had to walk to class...luckily it went away before then. If it hadn't...I'd have a difficult time noticing cars o.o

Plus you get the really bad headache afterwards, but I guess the aura is warning for it. So you can take headache medicine as soon as the aura begins xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back