Slopes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaysakado said:
I think we should at least have slope phsyics, though.
I swear I once saw AJ saying that he had considered using a linedef effect to allow mappers to give slope physics to a staircase.

They say Software can't render FOFs. Wrong, Legacy can do it. We say we can't get slopes in Software mode. Wrong, ZDoom can do it. It's a crazy vicious circle, isn't it?

So all we need to do is create ZLegacy, brilliant! *shot 10338 times with an Atomic Plasma-Gamma Ray Cannon fueled by 6 of the Chaos Emeralds.*

Chaos Knux, try being more serious. Your jokes aren't very funny, and you do it in every post I've seen of yours. (no offense)

ZLegacy for hire! Merge the capabilities, graphics, and slopes and you've got ZLegacy! Cool! Does it include software support? (For slopes too?)

Meh

while i was looking at it i saw some one with 1337 posts 0.o

Now with new lemon fresh scent!

errr, SSN?
Last reply to that topic:
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:47 am

Isn't this a bit oldeth? They must have advanced in the fields of understanding the FoFs already, even though they could have not implemented them, they could have reached a higher understanding of it.

Also, slopes? The hell are those?
(Shuff already made a slopes exe build, and IIRC, sombody else made SOLID slopes)

Simsmagic said:
I prefer FOFs over slopes myself. Slopes are namely for decoration to make a level look nicer, when the same thing could be done with regular floors. A FOF actually has some use.
I completely agree, slopes would just slow you down.

Well so far Dash Fox has done slopes in Dash's World, but I tried testing it and walked through the slopes instead of on them

sonic260 said:
Well so far Dash Fox has done slopes in Dash's World, but I tried testing it and walked through the slopes instead of on them

He didn't do it. He copied code that SSN wrote. That code has been here since 1.09.2!
Don't give credit where none is deserved.

sonic260 said:

Slopes:
Source: In the original source code

Yeah, I made sure I put what parts of the source weren't mine on the first page of my topic, I don't intend to be credited for something that was already in the source code I started on...

Conicpp said:
sonic260 said:

He didn't do it. He copied code that SSN wrote. That code has been here since 1.09.2!
Don't give credit where none is deserved.
Hey I didn't know!

Since this is about FOFs somewhat, may I ask if SRB2 uses a polymost or similar renderer to do FOFs? The main reason vanilla ZDoom lacks 3D-floors is the fact DOOM's standard renderer would cause the sprites to leak through them.

Also, funfact: ZDaemon uses a REALLY OLD version of ZDoom's code. So old that it doesn't even have the earliest version of the actor-making DECORATE lump.

XutaWoo said:
Since this is about FOFs somewhat, may I ask if SRB2 uses a polymost or similar renderer to do FOFs? The main reason vanilla ZDoom lacks 3D-floors is the fact DOOM's standard renderer would cause the sprites to leak through them.

A polymost? Wut?

It just sorts the sprites with the FOFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back