Sleeping Egg Zone! (kr_SleepingEggZone_v3.wad)

Nintensis

Now known as "Ninferno"
Sleeping Egg makes it's way into SRB2 Kart!

M6iZpZz.jpg

This map is pretty big and has some pesky slime trail issues I've tried to fix and all of the usual workarounds aren't working so keep that in mind (splitting linedefs and moving sectors around) while racing. These will hopefully be resolved in a future update. Other than that the map is fully functional.

HTMR31y.jpg

(Encore SEZ)

Minimap is kinda wonky in some areas, I may redraw it in a future update to help negate that issue. It still does its job for the most part. With all that said, Happy karting!

8vOhtCZ.gif

Attachments

• kr_SleepingEgg_v3.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 656
  • srb2kart_sRQGgxvF4W.jpg
    srb2kart_sRQGgxvF4W.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 306
  • srb2kart_1hDybU2nPD.jpg
    srb2kart_1hDybU2nPD.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 344
  • srb2kart_vImAvjvUHj.jpg
    srb2kart_vImAvjvUHj.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Man, this map is lengthy for a lap! Quite deceptive, given how the actual Sleeping Egg was so short. Rooms being so large and stretch out is also whats causing the visual bugs here and there. Perhaps shorten some hallways, and/or make it a rally course like Ancient Tomb, putting a finish line somewhere in the middle and modifying the checkpoints? You don't have to make these changes right away, I can release the wad if you wanna get more feedback first. Its otherwise an eggcelent map!

I recommend shrinking the entire map and applying mobjscale to your level header if slime trails persist. Check out maps.kart for example usage.

Alright then, welcome to releases! I'll leave some of the old posts up, in case you need to referr to the critique again.

Map updated!

The custom arrows in the map have been removed and replaced with red and white ones, as the old ones blended in too much with the walls. The boost panels have been changed to red for the same reason and the mini map was slightly tweaked to be more accurate.

Another map update.

The flats used for outside areas (the grass) have been changed to blend less with the walls hopefully giving players an easier time karting. More arrows have been added to help first time players out more. Billboards have been added and other various minor changes have been made.

Any changes to make visibility less of a severe issue is so welcome for this in my books. Excited to try this out again with a group in that case.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back