Post your pics/art here!

Only SMS and SMT within that picture are actually what you call "Super". HMT doesn't count because the transformation would kill him. c: It's a joke pic if anything.

Fire Sanic.
FireSonic_zps37147a5b.png

Shadow Blade 2IC, Nikolai "Spectre" Sajadev.
Spectre.jpg

Pictures done on paper a while ago!

@That2rb2DUDE - For what it's worth, I like your piece as an abstract design and not a capital G. I'd personally rearrange some of the minor details (I'd make the black censor-line less conspicuous, for one), but otherwise it's pleasing to look at.

This one is called "Star Valley". I've had this idea for a long time, but wasn't able to make it how I wanted a few years ago. It's really heavily influenced by Shinkai's style, but I didn't want to make it exactly the same (or rather, I wasn't able to...haha). Here's a link to it on DeviantArt if anyone wants it.

EDIT: Looking back on my last two posts to this topic, I feel like I've come quite a ways since my last two digital paintings. I started doing scenery because I was terrible at it compared to drawing characters. Strangely enough, I feel like in just those three works, my landscape and background ability has far surpassed my ability to draw people (at least for a natural landscape type of background). So I think I'll probably start drawing characters and different types of scenery soon.

star_valley_by_uitimate-d6wk74c.png

Last edited:
Thanks Rocky! I definitely want to continue making stuff in this kind of style, hopefully I'll refine it and make it feel more natural. I also want to try adding in characters to the scenes. Maybe even make a short animation.

Last edited:
I defintely think it's possible adding characters into the picture. And if you want the viewers to get the feeling that into that picture, you are defintely doing it. Not just in your pictures, I have seen how you play the piano. Very good indeed. You can almost make a story with your images and your music.

Those are very nice pictures Metal96. I especially like the ones with the snow. What kind of camera did you use to take those?

Anyway, I am not sure why I am going to post this since it was a quick sketch and a bit of an inside joke, but I figured why not.
InvasionoftheDiscoPuppetSocks.jpg

I bet you are soooo terrified.

Last edited:
Thanks Torgo! I would like you to know that I am indeed terrified with your sketch there and will fear the invasion as I attempt to fall asleep tonight.

To answer your question, I've currently got a really crappy Canon Powershot A470 that stands on a crappy half-broken aluminum tripod I bought at the second-hand store. I wish I could upgrade but we kinda don't have any money, so...this seems to suffice. I always bring a bunch of hacked-together tools with me so I can fake the camera into changing settings I can't due to lack of manual mode, such as focus, white balance, and exposure. (I particularly hate the lack of autofocus and I probably would have exploded if it didn't have the nice "Super Macro" mode I use to take most of my shots.) I always shoot at the lowest contrast and saturation possible and then use the GIMP to color/value grade the photos to an artistic-y looking level.

Is that a level for a sonic fan game engine or something? It looks pretty neat, although I can't really judge on how it would play, I can say that the some of the ring placements are kinda sloppy, especially on the curves. The enemy placement seems a bit odd, though I can't tell how it would feel, so I might be wrong on that. Maybe one more type of enemy would help there or some jungle themed ones?

Also Metal96, does that camera have an option where you hold the shutter release button it will focus to where you want it to? I think most digital cameras have that feature.

Last edited:
Is that a level for a sonic fan game engine or something? It looks pretty neat, although I can't really judge on how it would play, I can say that the some of the ring placements are kinda sloppy, especially on the curves. The enemy placement seems a bit odd, though I can't tell how it would feel, so I might be wrong on that. Maybe one more type of enemy would help there or some jungle themed ones?

Mockups I do for fun. And yes, some ring placement is a bit sloppy, wasnt used to the slopes or Route 99's tileset in general. I had to do the enemy placement like that since I saw how bad Sonic Advance 3's enemy placement was

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back