Isolated Case Setrings/Ringslinger disabled (w/o Devmode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
I am aware that these work in Devmode, and this is probably intentional, but this is goddamn ridiculous.

As the title says, Cheats On will not effect Setrings/Ringslinger. This was my primary method of taking out slimecamping; a difficult to counter exploit where someone stands on/in and repeatedly gets hit by a hazard (Like, of course, slime) and repeatedly grabbing the ring over and over again. In a duel, this means the other person just needs to get a score higher than the other person, then they won, more or less, due to the invincibility from always being hit by slime. Tag abused this system too.

The easiest way to stop this WAS to setrings 0 right as they were going to hit the slime, but you can't DO that anymore, and since Sudden Death wont effect Stage Hazards either, this leaves very limited methods of treating it (using the Elemental Shield to steal the rings without spilling your own, making sure to steal all immediate rings beforehand, pulling the player out with Tails, and probably other sneaky methods), and they arn't guaranteed to work, most of them risky and leaving you open to another attack, dragging you FARTHER behind.

This is bullshit right here. This isn't just some minor bug. Hell, the disabling of this is intentional, but it leaves an exploit, which may not be a bug, but MUST be fixed.

Oh, and Ringslinger stopped working too. Again, devmode works, but it's still kinda lame. I mean, with casual hangouts available now, why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, seriously? What reason could there possibly be for removing this?

That's absurd. Setrings is valuable for multiplayer testing, and is often used to facilitate coop play, like in Mystic Realm Zone where there aren't enough rings to support multiple characters.

Furthermore, both ringslinger and setrings are valuable tools for custom, and non-standard gametypes. How am I supposed to have battle race without ringslinger?

On that note, this is now impossible.

and no, they wen't going to fire that frequently if I fixed them

oh, and this is XSRB2, where setrings and ringslinger both still work

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Code:
<@Inuyasha> what is responsible is the "cheat prevention" disallowing changing of cvars marked as cheats in Single Player
<@Inuyasha> when did I say that, D00D64?
<D00D64> ...but they DONT work in Multiplayer.
<D00D64> I tried using setings and it didn't work.
<@Inuyasha> well that's because the code's broken!
<D00D64> Ah, so it IS a bug now.
<D00D64> WELL then...

...I better point this out so we KNOW this is a bug.

Okay, now this is really odd: I just did a double check with my own copy, and I'm able to alter ringslinger in multiplayer, even on a fresh install, which suggests that you may somehow be using a different build. Maybe you could upload the executable you're using?

This is rather strange. BOTH seem to work now, but in that netgame I had, setrings didn't work, no matter what. Maybe it only works if other people are present?

Yes, of course. It was my own server, cheats were on, and people joined and left.

Was it possible that you were a spectator without realizing it? If you were to enter SETRINGS 10 as a spectator, your ring count would remain at zero (while everyone else playing would go to 10 rings), which may explain your discrepancy.

That doesn't explain ringslinger, however.

Oddly, I can't duplicate the setrings issue online (maybe I did just type it wrong), but I have noticed another issue; in Single Player, the Throw Rings option won't work, nor will Ringslinger 1 or setrings #, unless DEVMODE is active. This obviously isn't anywhere near as bad, but this does bring up the issue of having Throw Rings on the menu, yet not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back