Christmas Level Pack 2007 (SCR_SRB2Christmas1094.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
As some of you may know, last year on New Years eve I released an update to SRB2 demo 0.96 to make the levels playable on version 1.09. Then recently I did a minor fix up, which can currently be found a few topics down, and then I started the construction topic for the project. Now I can finally present SRB2 Christmas 1.09.4 complete with the classic Title screen properly ported and Classic/Lost Badnik Minus, or Minvs as I've come to call it personally.

Links?

MediaFire (No change)
SendSpace (Expired)

Screens

srb20342.png

srb20333.png

srb20349.png

srb20394.png

For more Screens check out my RB2 photobucket folder. Some shots are during development.

More Information?!
The unlockables from the 2006 release remain 50% intact and some music files have been removed and replaced as well as some more Holiday Hare music being added, ranging from HH94 to HH98 (Jazz2).
Not all the non-midi music is ogg due to when I converted certain files their sizes increased instead of decreased.
Three new unlockables, not including Remix mode, have been added including Mirror Mode, Mirror Remix Mode, and Stocking Stuffer requiring 10, 20 and 42 emblems respectivly.

If you want to jump strait into remix mode without unlocking it I have made Remix Entry way for the purpose of accessing it in Co-op mode. For the other unlockables in Co-op you'll have to level warp and I'm not spilling their map numbers. (You'll dig them up any way.)

To the one who wanted Icecap zone music added. It was considered and I felt that neither the genesis nor PC versions would fit in.

It is, but I'm not. I know you were giving a compliment but please don't refer to me as God because I am not God.

Glaber just won the net...

Good Work!

edit: Awesome... just awsome...

But remove the armeggedon shield at the final boss zone and you're done.

Uhm... that's fine and all... but shouldn't the drillas work this way:
(Example soc:) http://www.sendspace.com/file/c7lcko

This changes technically all blue crawlas into drilla like enemies which means that you can kill them with spindashs but not with jumps. To make it funnier (and because I am lazy) they get crazy hair, too.

Where were you when I was asking for help on the drillas in the first place? Oh well I'm leaving the 2007 release as is for now, but if enough people bug me about it I'll update it again for the Drilla. Looking at the soc I can't believe it was so simple.

Well...
1. It's so short because I screwed the crawlas walking-animation. To fix even this there has to be done some ctrl+c / ctrl+v with Frame 53 and some spritesnumber changes.
2. It's so short because it IS simple. It just spawns continously flames (that fade away) ontop of the crawlas.
3. You might release the enemies by themselves and not only inside this wad, since I am not a fan of these levels.

I do plan on reusing the drillas in Daimondus act2.
quick question, should I take this version down and put up a version with proper drillas or leave it as is? (I've been thinking about it)

By the way, anyone find out what kind of level Stocking Stuffer is yet?

You guys all fail with Drillakillas. A_SpawnRelative the invisible drill object, then A_CapeChase to hover it over the killa.

I know that, Kaysakado, this soc just gives me the base to build off of for a proper drillakilla

*gasp* Teach me, master in training! If you can make the third *shot* level in existence, you, sir, are a god! Now... just to wait for the rest of the board to react... 10/10. Good day sir!

Kaysakado said:
You guys all fail with Drillakillas. A_SpawnRelative the invisible drill object, then A_CapeChase to hover it over the killa.
Which is bad because the object remains after the drilla has been killed so you have to build all maps around the point (0|0). 'Cuz that's where the object will aim for after its target has been removed...

And what's wrong with you anyway? In which way this is bad as long as it works fine and without errors? For nearly every problem there is more than one way to solve it. Your way isn't even much faster to create or something... It would be if there were many different sprites in one seecycle but here we have only a few. So what's the point?

:-|

IIRC, when A_CapeChase doesn't have a target, then the object calling it disssapears. And anyways, I was suggesting a more efficient solution.

How do I die in emerald coast?

Edit: 'doh, I stretched the tables, lemme fix that.

Edit: Maybe I'll just delete the image.

Cheese said:
How do I die in emerald coast?

Edit: 'doh, I stretched the tables, lemme fix that.

Edit: Maybe I'll just delete the image.

I assume you mean Classic Mode Emerald coast right? to die there you either get hit by a robot with no rings on you or you drown. In Christmas demo .96 these were the only options as the underwater ground was not made into a deathpit. This was kept in for Classic mode to retain the accuracy of the of the original level.

Remix Mode's Emerald Coast is different and most of the under water floor, except the part where you'd play as Big, was turned into a deathpit with camera mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back