Techron Character WAD V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
astar said:
recolor: is just a color change why do you think it's called recolor?
He's an EDIT you hear me? ED-IT.
Wikipedia said:
Original characters are common in sprite comics, webcomics created using sprites, and are sometimes used in fan games. "Recolor" is the general term for a simply modified version of sprites and other images. Recolors are usually created using default bitmap programs such as Microsoft Paint when colors of a certain character's palette are replaced with different colors.

If you look at the wikipedia quote, it says SIMPLY edited. This is more than simply edited. It seems that the srb2 community have forgotten the different between recolor and of-the-same-style.

Like sonic shadow said, Its a good wad, even if it has some mistakes like turning into sonic when using a air bubble,(Wait, he does not need them!) Super Sonic as a super form, and no spindash. And @SONICFAN360, please don't spam.

While it may be somewhat of a recolor, edit, or whatever you want to call it, there is some redeeming quality. It looks good, and is something different than what we have. It's not a Sonic/Tails/Shadow/Silver ripoff. There is very obvious effort here, so it's getting a break. Though, I am going to have to request that the music be taken out, based on the No Music Wad rule. Music in a level pack is to be expected, but not with a character. This needs to be fixed, so please do so soon.

Looks interesting. He's more original-looking than most fanchars I've ever seen. Yeah, you could simply just take the music out as they're not really needed, but I'm giving him a try.

By the way, is it just me or is Techron supposed to be a G.U.N. robot? I'm just saying because he has the G.U.N. symbol on his hand.

EDIT: Okay, I've tried him out and he looked pretty good. However, there's got to be some criticism somewhere...

1. The music isn't really needed. Take them out and the filesize would be smaller.

2. Woah, woah, woah... disabling underwater and space countdown as well as giving acid resistance? What are you thinking? Do you know that it could affect other characters too?

3. Like you said, the graphics could have some improvement. There's some bad alignment in some places as well. Also, could you make his walking animation float like Metal Sonic can? Look in that WAD to see how it's done. Also, make him change colours.

4. You're planning levels and other stuff? Put the character and the levels, bosses, music, etc. in seperate WADs. Also, I think the "shield" sound could be renamed for a seperate sound so it won't mess up the one currently in game.

5. I know you said that Techron won't spin in a ball, so what about a different form of spindashing, such as that he transforms into a vehicle-looking thing that'll run over his enemies?

6. Techron's discription in the character selection screen looks a bit messed up. Look at other character WADs that have tidier discriptions and apply a similar thing to yours.

Other than all those, I like it. Can't wait for a new, improved version. ;)

Sonic The Dalek said:
By the way, is it just me or is Techron supposed to be a G.U.N. robot? I'm just saying because he has the G.U.N. symbol on his hand.

Yes, he is.

Sonic The Dalek said:
1. The music isn't really needed. Take them out and the filesize would be smaller.

Fix'ed, no more music

Sonic The Dalek said:
2. Woah, woah, woah... disabling underwater and space countdown as well as giving acid resistance? What are you thinking? Do you know that it could affect other characters too?

I know it effects the other characters as well, I'm trying to learn how to fix that problem as well as the jumping sound

Sonic The Dalek said:
3. Like you said, the graphics could have some improvement. There's some bad alignment in some places as well. Also, could you make his walking animation float like Metal Sonic can? Look in that WAD to see how it's done. Also, make him change colours.

That will be in the next release

Sonic The Dalek said:
5. I know you said that Techron won't spin in a ball, so what about a different form of spindashing, such as that he transforms into a vehicle-looking thing that'll run over his enemies?

What, like transformers or the Nirvash? I don't think I'll be doing that. Transforming is out of his character.

Anyway, the download link has been updated, the WAD no longer has music.

For the spinning you could have him drilling like in sonic the fighters when you fight metal sonic. Just a suggestion.

EDIT: Found a link to a vid showing the attack. (It is the attack that takes a majority of Sonic's health off). Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2HNSa7z21Y

I think you need to look closer. There are some significant similarities between Techron and Espio that suggest this is an Espio edit.

Well, it's a good one, though. :/

As for the jump sound, you can easily do that. Rename DSSHIELD in your WAD to something like DSTECJMP and then adding this to your S_SKIN lump: DSJUMP = DSTECJMP.

As for the the water/space breathing and the acid resistance thing being limited to Techron only, it's impossible to do. I don't know about any possible changes to this in 1.1, though.

*Still waiting for the 'no anthropomorphic creature characters ever!' mentality to bugger off*
Looks interesting. Since you're ditching spinning, how about using the spinitem to create a unique ability? I'm not sure what it could be, but it's a thought.

Oh, idea! If the spinitem was, in laymans terms, a spring that deleted itself after use, you'd be able to have that megajump you were talking about, thus freeing the ability for something else if you so wished. Slow descent could possibly work with something like that, so long as you didn't make the jump too powerful (and thus unbalanced).

Warpshade said:
Oh, idea! If the spinitem was, in laymans terms, a spring that deleted itself after use, you'd be able to have that megajump you were talking about, thus freeing the ability for something else if you so wished. Slow descent could possibly work with something like that, so long as you didn't make the jump too powerful (and thus unbalanced).
This sounds disturbingly familiar to me...

But yeah, that could be used for the Megajump that was originally planned. One downside is that it would only work when either standing still or you're at a speed which allows the spin to spawn the item when you hit the spin button, therefore you still need some form of spin frames (not necessarily making him looking like he's actually spinning, though). Another is that if other players are close enough to you when you spin and jump using the spawned spring what was your spinitem they'll use the spring as well (but it ain't your fault, it's SSN's fault :P). However, those bugs can still be useful if you want to put it that way, as a weakness or an advantage. Once you used that instead of spinning like Warpshade has said, you can then scrap the Double Jump and replace that with another ability.

I'm sure there was a wiki entry on something similar...
Anyways, I dug up a character wad I tried this on before, and another note is that if you move at low speeds, slow enough not to spawn the spinitem, you'll spin. You could just put a walking animation there though since noone should be seeing that anyway, unless they're trying to dodge the system.

And STD, the only way a player could hitch a lift from this is if you both occupied the same space when the item was made. By deleting the item (almost) immediately and making the height and radius small, you could reduce this to a minimum. Anyone that close to a character you could use the excuse of 'carrying' them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back