• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My House Got Power Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, when I downloaded doom builder, I installed it.But when I've seen it a little, when I was doing some things on it, my house got power out!Then, I've opend my computer and all of my things where gone(They where on the local disk, documents and settings, administrator.But the changes didn't saved.).Please Help.

W-Wow... so you lost everything, huh? Where did you download doom builder? If not from the official site, someone probably stuck a virus in doom builder.

W-Wow... so you lost everything, huh? Where did you download doom builder? If not from the official site, someone probably stuck a virus in doom builder.
No, that's not likely. The most probable explanation is that your hard drive was damaged in the power loss...that can happen, and if it does, you can kiss your files bye-bye.

Anyway, I feel really, really bad for you, but if this is the case, I don't think there's all that much that you can do. I'd say your best bet is to take your damaged drive to an electronics place and see if they can recover your files; you'd be amazed at what those guys can do. The only problem is that that kind of service is extremely costly. At Staples, for instance, a simple data recovery job from an external hard drive could cost you $1000. Therefore, unless you're REALLY attached to your files, it would be better to give up and buy a new computer.

I feel the need to state how unlikely it is that Doom Builder has anything to do with the power loss or the loss of files. Your hard drive was damaged and unfortunately you lost some files.

No, that's not likely. The most probable explanation is that your hard drive was damaged in the power loss...that can happen, and if it does, you can kiss your files bye-bye.

Anyway, I feel really, really bad for you, but if this is the case, I don't think there's all that much that you can do. I'd say your best bet is to take your damaged drive to an electronics place and see if they can recover your files; you'd be amazed at what those guys can do. The only problem is that that kind of service is extremely costly. At Staples, for instance, a simple data recovery job from an external hard drive could cost you $1000. Therefore, unless you're REALLY attached to your files, it would be better to give up and buy a new computer.
This.

I was actually talking about this in 'Fun earlier. I'm thinking what you are; after all, power-outages have been known to damage or alter plugged in electronics. Which is why if you think there's gonna be a power outage, you unplug everything to stay safe.

But if you didn't know the outage was coming, then I guess that doesn't really apply to you. Was there a thunderstorm or anything going on...?

Only thing, I'm afraid to download it now.How I could make srb2 maps(2.00.4)? :/

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Uh, fawfulfan, the files...didn't truly got lost.A morning my bro was able and went somewhere, in the windows32....If i don't make mistake.Then, he clicked something with a icon.Then everything appeared again!But my problem is that I'm afraid to download srb2 doom builder!Maybe there's a way..... :/

SRB2 Doom Builder doesn't have a virus. Your computer having a power outage has nothing to do with a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back