• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

KO.T.E RE - Knockout The Echidna WAD remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
So, been working on this character off and on for awhile after 2.1's release, and since the screenshot thread is closed I guess I'll make a topic for it.

srb20184.png

srb20197.png

srb20526.png

srb20105.gif

srb20024.gif
KOTENEW.png

Current list of planned abilities for KO.T.E:
  • Air Drill
  • Digging
  • Kitchen Sink From the Heavens

No set release time as of right now, since I am wrapped up with other projects. Currently struggling through the other angels of his walk animation, but his spring up, stand, wait, and jump/spin sprites are finished.

Good work, Koat.
Are you planning on bobbing KOTE's head when he walks/runs? looks kinda static'y to me.

It's nice to see Knockout again but typical life icon image have 32 x 32 and Knockout's life icon seems over that size (32 x 32 make life icon look good besides others icons in multiplayer Tab screen)

I can only imagine where the ability of summoning a sink from heaven originated from and how Knockout actually summons all those sinks...

I'm really glad to see the steel blue brawler back in action, and I'm also a little curious as to where his old Reflect ability went to. I guess it's not as unique a move as throwing sinks but I liked how it was useful in shooter gametypes to prevent ring-loss and to possibly reflect something back at the attacker. In my opinion his new appearance fits well with what he actually is and it definitely gives off a 'fighter' vibe to him compared to his round face counterpart. Really hoping to see more of Knockout in action!

Good work, Koat.
Are you planning on bobbing KOTE's head when he walks/runs? looks kinda static'y to me.

Actually, his head does bob up and down when he walks, along with his hands, and some of his quills.

I can only imagine where the ability of summoning a sink from heaven originated from and how Knockout actually summons all those sinks...

I'm really glad to see the steel blue brawler back in action, and I'm also a little curious as to where his old Reflect ability went to. I guess it's not as unique a move as throwing sinks but I liked how it was useful in shooter gametypes to prevent ring-loss and to possibly reflect something back at the attacker. In my opinion his new appearance fits well with what he actually is and it definitely gives off a 'fighter' vibe to him compared to his round face counterpart. Really hoping to see more of Knockout in action!

The idea of summoning the kitchen sink came from two areas, first off I happen to find the kitchen sink sprites in a version of KO.T.E I had been working on for 2.0 and I wanted to do something with them. Second, I wanted to give KO a attack similar to Knuckles' Meteor Smash where he would make a object fly from the sky killing everything in front of him.

Also, the reflect move had to be dropped due to the reflection shield being removed from the game, meaning I could no longer use that to allow him to reflect attacks.

Actually, his head does bob up and down when he walks, along with his hands, and some of his quills.

Yes, but it doesn't really bob all that much. I mean, it looks REALLY nice, but maybe make the walking sprites have a bit more of a "bob and weave" sort of look that a real boxer does when he walks. That was all we were saying.

I like the little extra detail you did with Knockout on how he gets dirty when he digs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back